So Will Smith

Metropolis

4 minutes ago, Spider-Man said:

Without the slap and outburst no one would be on a high horse right now.

I've taken the low road on this one. Will Smith should have his ass kicked for what he did. He chose a target he knew was unlikely to retaliate. Even if he would have lost the fight, Rock had every reason to hit back. 

4 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Actually, most of Gibson’s inappropriate behavior is related to his bipolar disorder. So Gervais 100% was mocking someone for a disability. Someone in the middle of a major manic episode has no more control over their actions than Jada has over her hair. 

Does bi polar make you a raging anti Semite? 

He's called Winona Ryder and "oven dodger". Pretty sure he wasnt having an episode either 

6 minutes ago, Odine said:

Does bi polar make you a raging anti Semite? 

He's called Winona Ryder and "oven dodger". Pretty sure he wasnt having an episode either 

Sometimes, yes. It also makes people believe they’re secret agents, or superheroes, or that their wife is going to kill them. It’s a serious mental illness with extremely high death rates, and it causes all sorts of delusions and hallucinations. And unless you’re a trained professional who is actively treating the person in question, it can be impossible to tell if someone is in a manic or depressive state. So there’s absolutely no way you know what kind of state he was in. 

But one major theme for mania is religious obsession, which can be pro-religion, anti-religion, or a combination.

While that is all true, it also provides a perfect excuse for absolutely shit behaviour and racism, that Gibson has been embroideld in the past. He's also Australian working class growing up in the 70s, which was (as most progressive Australians would tell you) a very racist culture. He most certainly comes from a background where it's okay to call Chinese people "chinks" Greek people "wogs" and Jews "oven dodgers". His bi polar does not give him a free pass as far as I'm concerned. 

BUT ANYWAY WILL SMITH...

10 hours ago, Odine said:

I was highlighting the difference because you said Mel Gibson didn't get on stage and hit Ricky. But Ricky just pointed out the massive flaws in Gibson's character to scathing effect. Mel had no justification to get up there. Jada Pinket Smith was mocked for something she can't help. Smith took umbrage, (or took insult on Jadas behalf). Right or wrong, he had more of a justification than Gibson ever did. Not that slapping someone is an appropriate reaction. 

My point wasn’t the intent behind the joke, it was an example that far shitter people have held restraint where Smith didn’t. I’m not trying to make an argument for Mel in anyway (I can’t stand him) but the point is he didn’t even get up there at all. Neither has any other celeb from any other jab by a host at an Award show. 

1 hour ago, Dark Wader said:

My point wasn’t the intent behind the joke, it was an example that far shitter people have held restraint where Smith didn’t. I’m not trying to make an argument for Mel in anyway (I can’t stand him) but the point is he didn’t even get up there at all. Neither has any other celeb from any other jab by a host at an Award show. 

Oh ok I got my wires crossed there a bit sorry man 

Oh. All this time I thought my daughter was being rebellious and making fun of me on the sly. I never pressed because I was like, it’s good for young people and well people in general to have that outlet. Ima have to give her an extra hug today and try not to let on I know what it means. Unless she means it ironically. lol Oh well if so.

Afterthought: Thank you, Jacob. This whole exchange has pretty much made my morning. Better than coffee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.