Jedi Fallen Order

Odine

So I picked this up on a steam sale for aroun £9. 

Very surprised by how good this game is. Storyline is predictable enough, but has its hooks in me for sure. Gameplay is super fun, and running everything on epic settings looks amazing. Got me super excited for a Kotor remake. I'm surprised no one has made a thread for it already.

There are stuttering issues but I fixed them for the most part by turning on V sync, setting frame limit to 90fps and turning on dynamic super resolution. Running it without a frame limit meant it was chugging along at nearly 144 fps but then stuttering like hell when loading into a new area or world hex. Also my CPU would get suuuper hot trying to send data for frames so quick..limiting to 90fps fixed that all up.

So far I have been to Dathomir and secured a double bladed lightsaber which is great for taking out groups and has a super powerful spinning, pirouette attack. I explored some crazy tomb on Zeffo and have now hijacked an AT-AT on Kashyyyk and blown lots of shit up. Having a blast.

If you haven't played it, Tank, I think you'd love it. It's a bit like Uncharted in that it's a bit of a puzzle/platformer mixed with combat similar to dark souls (no where near as hard but it is still a challenge). With the fidelity of the latest mass effects.

Yes, this is a great fun game to play! Got it on PS4 when it first came out and recently replayed it as there is a free upgrade to PS5 if you have the disk.

Sequel has been confirmed as in the works and hopefully we will get a release date confirmed soon - it’s thought it will be autumn this year, but nothing official.

Enjoy playing it!

They really do. 

Though for a long while now I have believed that gaming is the superior medium for storytelling. Not only can you tell a 20-100+ hours of story, and have the subsequent depth of character, you have branching narratives, different consequences and paths depending on character choices that can effect the world they're in..etc that provide wider context to the narrative.

Jedi fallen order has a pretty on the rails narrative, however. I don't think there will be much in the way of divergent outcomes or anything. But spending 20 hours with Cal has me more invested than in him than the ST had me with its characters. And initially I didn't like the casting and design of Cal. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

What are you even doing with your life. Do it right now. It’s beyond amazing.

The first one was beyond amazing. The second one was good.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

Lies. I’m still wrecked by the second one. Like teenage girl in the 90s just saw Titanic wrecked. It’s amazing.

As is the DLC from the first one. I really see it all as one story.

The first hit me that way. The first time I played it, I got through the beginning and had to stop because my eyes were tearing up.

8 hours ago, Fozzie said:

The first hit me that way. The first time I played it, I got through the beginning and had to stop because my eyes were tearing up.

Same thing happened to me. First time a video game made me cry. Quite an experience!

5 hours ago, Odine said:

I only have a PC. Have they been ported yet? I always thought they were PlayStation exclusive

They're console exclusives so far. Sony has released a few exclusives for PC recently like Horizon and Uncharted but no talk of Last of Us.

Has the price come down yet? Seems... expensive... even though the original SW Lego game is one of the best games I have every played. It was my kid's first real video game and we used to play it all the time.

Back to Jedi Outcast-- I was watching a few reaction videos today, and most uberfans really really assume Cal will show up in live action form along with Ezra at some point in one of the new shows along side Luke.

I've gotten to the second trip to Zeffo, gotten past the the Second sister and her reveal. 

Going through the giant tomb atrium/cavern place with all the vines, jumps and switches that change the layout of the cave. The gameplay loop is starting to bore me a little bit and I've found I've lost a little bit of momentum and desire to play. I'm sure it'll come back, but there are definitely things that have me annoyed at the game. 

But overall still a really fun experience. I'm glad there will always be games to keep me interested in the star wars universe. 

I've always loved exploring tombs for relics and uncovering (what feels like) esoteric lore about the Sith. So far my favourite has been Dathomir and the cut scene with the Night Sister. Her character design was spot on. 

Dathomir is great! Lots of good scenes with key characters there. Won’t spoil anything.

I know what you mean - that section n Zeffo can take a while, but that was the only time I thought like that while playing. Some good stuff to come!

Lego still up at the high price with it only coming out next Tuesday, but would expect it to drop down after a month or two maybe? I have it on pre-order - love those games! Lots of fun!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.