Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Zathras

20 hours ago, Darth Virul said:

But if KG-used-to-B is going behind Putin's back, all they need is some of the military and a viable replacement, they'll have a coup.

Certainly possible Ukraine isn't getting the info from Russian intelligence and are just trying to sow distrust within Russia. However as I said with the intel we had leading up to this its hard to think we didn't have highly placed sources. 

Putin is having a bit of a problem with desertions in his own military invasion ranks. Apparently some Russians soldiers don't want to fight against fellow slavs/Europeans/Christians, whatever the common the factor, they don't want it. So Putin is pulling troops from Chechnya and Syria who don't have those ties to Ukrainians. In the case of Chechnya, there are chechens fighting on both sides of the Ukrainian war now.

Man, if only we had the means to access their own defense systems and point them directly at their military and political leadership. BSG did have a good idea or two. If only there was a president who wasn't compromised or didn't have the stomach to carry out that kind of death toll.

Gonna be frank: nuclear is going to be the endgame at some point within the next twenty or thirty years. I'd rather it be us as the messengers.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:40 PM, Darth Sockimus said:

Man, if only we had the means to access their own defense systems and point them directly at their military and political leadership. BSG did have a good idea or two. If only there was a president who wasn't compromised or didn't have the stomach to carry out that kind of death toll.

Gonna be frank: nuclear is going to be the endgame at some point within the next twenty or thirty years. I'd rather it be us as the messengers.

It would have to take a leader that was a suicidal maniac to make that happen. We have enough nukes to destroy the world 10 times over. I would truly hope that if an intelligent species was indeed watching over us, and would intervene.

On 2/24/2022 at 5:46 PM, R.CAllen said:

Nothing #1

I understand that looking for consistency among these sorts of people is a lost cause (e.g. “So much for the tolerant left!” or “Christian values much!?” is kind of dumb; seeming hypocrisy or apparent incompatibility among moral stances taken by ideological outsiders always always always have an explanation that to the ideological outsider themself is convincing and obvious and immediate — and, in any case, what are we doing here, this isn’t debate class, there’s no referee, there’s no umpire, who cares if someone you disagree with has taken incommensurable positions. if you’re getting kicked in the face no way now how will a sneering “Umm, logical fallacy! You kick me in the face even though YOU YOURSELF would not want to be kicked in the face!” stop your face from getting kicked in) but I don’t understand how a certain species of right winger — your Tuckers Carlson, your Candaces Owens, your Charlies Kirk — have come to the conclusion that Justin Trudeau is an evil power hungry tyrant but Vladimir Putin is making some good points when you actually listen to him.

I mean, surely it’s got to be either they’re both bad or they’re both good or the super obvious normie position regarding which one’s good and which one’s bad!? There are four available opinions here on this matter, here you go :

1) Justin Trudeau good, Vladimir Putin bad

2) Justin Trudeau bad, Vladimir Putin bad

3) Justin Trudeau good, Vladimir Putin good

4) Justin Trudeau bad, Vladimir Putin good

I feel like they’ve chosen the one that makes the absolute least sense. Opinion 4 is so dumb!

You forgot Justin Trudeau dreamboat, Putin garbage scow

18 hours ago, Zathras said:

What's wrong with Justin Trudeau? Why is he kinda bad?

First, he’s a politician who wants high office, and therefore is guaranteed to be a bad person. Then there’s accepting private island vacations from lobbyists, and a few other items that I can’t remember right now, but those two alone warrant “kinda bad”.

It's so weird to think that there are two television personalities that got their jobs as president of their respective country. One is staying in his own country to defend it and do what he can to actually help his people. And one is currently doing rallies around the US while spews nonsense. We didn't get the president we deserve but at least Ukrainians have one that's willing to beg or cajol whoever he can to get help to his people. I don't think Trump would have stayed. 

• 3 weeks later...

well i guess so HA!

I am conflicted about this refugee immigrant stuff. I mean it's terrible about what's happening to the Ukraine but this happens in Africa and other migrants. It's been a big topic of discussion here in San Antonio because they're going to allow 100,000 Ukrainian refugees but there's still tons of other refugees like Haitians and people from South America waiting at the border. I will admit that Ukrainians have a great organized community in areas like Chicago and NY so there's lots of family to say they'll help support and set up their refugees (Did you know there's a Ukrainian Credit Union?). I live in a someone Red area and they're freaking out again about all these immigrants but honestly how much would it hurt to let these people in that aren't Ukrainian who are waiting to get in. There's a lot of open job applications that these people could fill. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.