Anyone here into Warhammer?

Hobbes

short answer : no, not me

less short answer : I can recall reading and enjoying Kieron Gillen & Dwayne Harris’ Warhammer : Crown of Destruction and Kieron Gillen & Jacen Burrows’ Warhammer 40,000 : Marneus Calgar (which ganks a twist from, of all things, Paul Jenkins and Adam Kubert’s Origin; not sure where those guys ganked that twist from but it’s a good one, it’s solid, it’s serviceable, it’s maybe kind of the Saving Private Ryan (1998) twist). I’m sort of familiar with the broad strokes of the franchise but I don’t think I’ve read much else. Haven’t played the games or the toys or the figurines or whatever that is.

I tried to be when I was younger. I had friend who painted the miniatures for fun, and I did for awhile. I bought the OG 40k book and WANTED to play it, but it was too hardcore for my gamer friends. I never could find anyone to play with me. Now I feel like it's grown so much I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I never got into Warhammer miniatures, but I love some good world building.  

There is a computer series called Total War usually it does like Rome or Japan--basically a turn based historical campaign map and a real time battle map where you control your army.  Anywho, they always did historical time periods, but they did branch off and do fantasy Warhammer.  Warhammer 3 just came out and I am loving it.  Warhammer 1,2,3 and 3 are not separate games, they each add to the world and update the game.  I know nothing of the actual miniature world.  I am not interested in engaging in that right now--maybe when I retire.  

I've played a bit of Total War Warhammer 2. I liked it, was thinking of going back to it and then playing the 3rd. It's got great reviews.

I think Warhammer is a great universe to set videogames in. Unfortunately other than the Total War games most Warhammer computer games kind of suck. Id love a sweet 3rd person, story based Action RPG in the Warhammer 40k universe.

I tried to get into Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War on PC. The battles had a clunky interface, much like Commandos. I didn’t like them.

I’m especially pissed off with the sudden interest in this old board game, because my local Videogame store decided that their chain was going to convert over to offering board games and such like Warhammer That happened to another Videogame store I once shopped at in Dallas. Good luck to them, because once it drops back out of trendy, they’ll be out of business like that Dallas store did.

Video game stores are going out of business, period. Blaming it on diversifying their product doesn’t make sense. Video games are going fully digital, and within 10 years nobody will buy any video games at a store.

4 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Video game stores are going out of business, period. Blaming it on diversifying their product doesn’t make sense. Video games are going fully digital, and within 10 years nobody will buy any video games at a store.

They carried Retro products as well and were wayyy busier than any Gamestops. They just chose to ride the hot hand with board games. The same thing happened at that Dallas store I was talking about. They did that in the late 90s, and when the market cooled down, they ended up going out of business.

And Gamestop is losing out, because all they carry for video games is last gen and next gen stuff. Last gen stuff becomes worthless, once the next gen comes out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.