2022 Nightly Reading Thing

Cerina

I use Goodreads, and I know Jacob does as well. I actually cut my reading goal this year, and I’m off to a really slow start. I’m depressed and so finding time to read is hard, because I lose so much time just staring into space.

So I’m up for it, but I’m bad at updating.

I set an annual reading goal and so I have the accountability of meeting my goal. I cut it to 60 books this year, which should be easy but I’m pretty far behind.

Yeah, GoodReads lets you set a Reading Challenge for the upcoming year. I think the last time I did it was ... 2018!? It’s got kind of an accountability feature baked in to the process because if you do the challenge and any of your friends do the challenge it shows that information on the page where the challenge is, the, uh, the webpage. That’s your accountability right there! It also keeps track of the books you’ve read for any given year.

Currently reading:

Cursed by Benedict Jacka (Book 2 in the Alex Verus series)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (reading out loud to Louis)

10 hours ago, Hobbes said:

I listen to a lot of audio books.

Current listening: Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir and Where the Deer and Antelope Roam by Nic Offerman

I like to to Kindle books with Audible narration when it’s cheap enough. Makes it easy to switch back and forth between reading and listening. Or I’ll try to get both from the library and manually switch back and forth, but that can be a pain to find the right spot in the audiobook.

2 hours ago, Cerina said:

I'm about 2 hours into listening to Rocket Fuel by Mike Michalowicz, and I'm sad I can't return it. There's nothing of substance here. 

Up next: The Power of Moments by Chip Heath and Dan Heath

Where did you buy it from?

2 hours ago, Cerina said:

Audible. It's been in my library for a while now though. I don't see the option to return it. 

Contact customer service. They’ll probably give you the return.

4 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

It’s too bad you don’t have a free book sent to you a year ago written by a really close friend that you could read instead

Hey yeah. Can you record yourself reading it so I can listen to it while making dinner n shit?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.