Arcade 1UP!

Jedigoat

Anyone have any of their mini cabinets?

Last Christmas, I bought the Pacman table and this Christmas I got the Xmen cabinet and the Marvel pinball.  

Talk about an expensive hobby.....and the space it takes up, lol.   I really want to get the Star Wars cabinet.  The TMNT, Simpsons, and Outrun cabinets look cool too.  

1 hour ago, Metropolis said:

My son bought my wife the Galaga unit three years ago. It's cool for what it is, but not really worth the $300. Especially since i had an arcade perfect version on my Xbox 360. I think i downloaded that for $2.99 years ago. 

Yeah, the price for these games is pretty outrageous.  But it's a nice alternative to getting an actual arcade cabinet, which would cost at least 2K. 

I've played a couple of these on display in stores. They really don't have anywhere near the quality build of an actual arcade machine and I'd much rather just use a good arcade stick and MAME over these setups. I am, however, impressed with the pinball machines from At Games Legends Pinball. They are about as close to playing a real pinball machine as you can get. I recently sold a PC to a friend, that plans to use it to run programs like Pinball FX 3 on his Pinball Legends machine, so he can have more tables to play.

The 1up units weren't built for heavy use. They make covers now for the joystick board, but you can wear out the paint job really quick with just your palm resting on it. 

The units that got me excited were the Mortal Kombat and NBA Jam units. The scaled down size of them seemingly makes multiplayer a game of who will inadvertently hit who.

I would have gotten a Donkey Kong Machine when they were affordable, if I had space to put it. It would have been in the Garage, just like what Steve Weibe did, but that wouldn't work so well here in Texas when it's over 80 degrees F for 8 months of the year.

I know, I KNOW, it's not the same but the company that owns Arcade 1Up has been trying to negotiate with Nintendo for the past year or so to license a few of their titles.  Definitely Donkey Kong and I'm sure Super Mario Bros.  I'm not sure what else Nintendo has in their library that was an 'arcade staple' in the 80's or early 90's. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.