Dead Pool 2022

monkeygirl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn. Henry Kissinger שר"י. What can you say? What can I say? What can one say? What can little Cambodian children dead from unexploded ordnance say!? I guess the answer to all four of these questions is nothing more than “Not much!”. A hundred years! This is one of those things like the Red Sox winning the World Series or Deep Throat being revealed. God shutting the book of the twentieth century close at long last.

Yeah, I had a friend who posted about Kissinger dying and he was like ask the children of Cambodia if they mourn the loss of that guy...

I think the biggest one so far for me as been Rosalynn Carter. It was touching to hear how Jimmy asked that they have their beds arranged so they can face each other.

The Carter's pastor said this at her funeral, 

"She'll tell you don't stop. There's too many homeless people in the world. There's too many people that still don't have equal rights. There's still too many people who suffer from mental illness. There's still too many people that look at the color of their skin. She'll tell you don't stop."

• 3 weeks later...

Tom Wilkinson died. Great actor! Really great in The Governess (1998), as the money in Shakespeare In Love (1998), in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Michael Clayton (2007), Ben Franklin in John Adams (‘08), James Baker in Recount (2008) — I have a soft spot for those modern day politics movies Jay Roach and Danny Strong tricked Dr Pepper® into paying for —, in Valkyrie (2008) — “I will hear you say it, Colonel.” —, 44 Inch Chest (2009), in The Green Hornet (2011) and The Lone Ranger (2013), as Joe Kenedy in The Kennedys (‘11), in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011), Belle (2013), in the closest-to-outermost framing sequences of The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014) oh wait I am actually unsure where his scenes are fitted into that but I obviously remember the bit with the pellet gun, LBJ in Selma (2014), as the older member of the trio in Unfinished Business (2015), wait, is that the most recent thing I remember him from, I saw Snowden (2016) but I don’t remember him in that. Hmm.

75! He just made everything better. One of the great balances between “Oh, it’s him!” and the total belief that he was now whomever he was onscreen.

• 2 weeks later...

Terry Bisson died. ‘They’re Made Out of Meat’, of course, but the thing that sticks in my memory are the (pointless?) cash grabs. The work for hire stuff. The Johnny Mnemonic novelization. The Galaxy Quest novelization. Why did they ... well, I read them. I read the copies my library ordered. I don’t think I read the young Boba Fett books he did. The ones which came out after AotC. But they were on my radar then and now. They came to mind to me upon learning he’d passed beyond the veil. Oh well. 81!

• Cerina unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.