Taking a stroll through my old PMs...

Cerina

On 1/25/2022 at 1:48 AM, Cerina said:

Might be better than the archives. Eesh. 

Anyway, we're coming up on the 10 year anniversary of Jaycie asking me to be an admin. Ten whole years of my life sucked away by this thankless position. I actually think it might be a record...if you don't count JA. 

And I miss Pong, y'all. 

Oh and Seth has never once sent me anything I could let my 13 year-old read. 

Sorry and Congratulations(?)! I think the whole team that's been running things the last few years has really put in some great effort keeping the community together. Ya'll are awesome. ^.^

4 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

I think for some reason when I de-Admined myself I kept Mount Olympus access or Supporter access for awhile (probably Supporter) because of some bad overrides on my permissions (I was not fabulous at the control panel) but there was nothing exciting going on anyway. Honestly, I stepped down mostly because I didn't see eye to eye on JA's vision for this place, and got frustrated with his haphazard attention (sorry JA, if you're reading this, don't delete this place). I thought being Admin was more of a committee thing and it wasn't, he just told us ahead of time what he wanted to do.

At this point I'm pretty sure Spam is an honorary Lyceum mod, she's just smart enough not to take that on. At this point I think this place maybe needs 2 Admins and that's about it. Most of us are well behaved and don't need too much moderation, but not sure how bad the spam registration is. That was pretty bad when I was Admin.

Honestly a lot of the reason I ended up leaving. I feel like I knew too much about server stuff but not enough about the specifics on the board software and getting any assistance to do anything on the host side proved difficult. I think this was around the same time I was starting to get sick and wasn't fully aware of what was happening to me. 

Now as for my time as a Mod of the forum formally known as Star Wars Chicks. The was a chaotic blast for the most part, until the M/A game got weird anyway and the official SWC site divorced us. 

2 hours ago, Hobbes said:

I sometimes wonder if there are members that passed.  Didn't Carmack have cancer?  I know we had a few older members that weren't in the best health, like jedibobs and Bonnie, whom just randomly stopped posting.

Now I am getting sad. 

I think about ThunderDroid every now and again, I hope he’s looking at the sky somewhere cool. When BobaSweat left I missed his drunken posts a lot so I took up the slack every now and again. ;-)

16 hours ago, Hobbes said:

I sometimes wonder if there are members that passed.  Didn't Carmack have cancer?  I know we had a few older members that weren't in the best health, like jedibobs and Bonnie, whom just randomly stopped posting.

Now I am getting sad. 

If no one else, I know Macstorm passed away a few years back

going back to talk about dead ppl: I honestly wonder sometimes if TSquare imploded or something with an orgasmic thing of joy when Trump became president. Like just spontaneously combusted. Because he was in the know. *Wink wink* And sometimes when I see cut away videos during the news cycle of the January 6 thing I think I bet he's glad he's dead. THE DECORUM. I also know that someone who used to post in the comics board but rarely and a long time ago when we had so many members committed suicide but I'm probably one of the few left that even remembers him. Mental illness is hard and scary for all kinds of people.

31 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

If no one else, I know Macstorm passed away a few years back

That is right; I don't know why I said Carmack.  Maybe it was the mack.  I found his twitter.  He was nerding it out on video games till the end.  Dude was up all night watching twitch and passed early the next morning.  Respect.

For those of you curious...

@FinalMacstorm

On 1/26/2022 at 5:56 AM, Darth Krawlie said:

being mod of lando was more like running a preschool

Usually it was your co-mod that was the biggest problem...

Sorry.

On 1/28/2022 at 1:48 AM, CoLA said:

So has there ever been a bad mod? Like you had to remove their privileges?

Me. Like... three times. And I broke Lando once or twice because I just clicked random things in the control panel. In fact, there was a time I "coded" a Cartman (from South Park) 2 second audio clip play every time you loaded a page in Lando.

FOMO was real back then too - and maybe still is today. I was such an ass - and maybe still am? 

But boy am I ever so grateful to many of you for being friends along the way. Sorry if I ever dropped the ball.

Can I be Mod again now? (Where's Yogi?) kthanks.

Also - very insightful about Rock. We're still friends on Facebook - had no idea about the developments. But I suppose that's to be expected when you leave a community only to seldom lurk. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.