I tend to always start with the same three words for elimination: LEAKY TUMOR CHIPS

All the vowels and most common consonants. I usually can get it by 5 from there, if any of those hit big, by 4.

14 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I switched to hard mode and it’s fun. You have to use any letters that you know are in the word for subsequent guesses. 

Is there a version of the app that literally has a hard mode or is it just a self-implemented thing?  I downloaded the top result for wordles on ios and it is pretty bare bones in terms of features.  I've started trying "hard mode" if I actually want a challenge, but I often pick up the game to play when I want to calm down a bit, so I just want to get the word right then.

Hard mode is an option, but the Wordle that everyone is playing isn’t an app - that’s a knock-off. 

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

Hard mode for the game is just an option that means you have to use any correct letters in your next guess. So you can’t do what Tank was describing, which was how I previously played. It just makes you think a bit more.

I'm working on my in 3 streaks. My start word is SHOUT so it knocks out two vowels and it also covers the SH work combinations. But that backfired on me that day this week where it was SHAR and the last letter was something else.