Scream (2022)

Anybody planning on seeing this? The original is a classic, with diminishing returns for the sequels. Scream 1 - classic, Scream 2 - Fun, but not great, Scream 3 - happened, Scream 4 - almost completely forgettable. 

Points against this one:

1. Calling it Scream when there's already a Scream and this is supposed to be a sequel and I just hate this trend of naming movies like they're original when they aren't

2. No Wes Craven

I'm torn between seeing it in the theater and just waiting for streaming. 

34 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Three sucked. I liked four though.

I'll see this eventually. Probably not in theater though.

Honestly, I think the biggest weakness with four is that it was still all about the original three. It would’ve worked better if it had been more about passing the baton, as was advertised. It wasn’t bad, but it was also just not super memorable. I don’t really remember much about it, and I’ve seen it 2-3 times. 

• 1 month later...

It wasn't bad! This one was more of a passing of the torch as mentioned in this thread, the original three characters were barely in it. It also featured a character from the last one but again, not that much. Not to spoil anything but the killers felt too much like the ones from the fourth one this time and weren't that memorable.

Don’t think so.

I saw it. If it had just been clever it would have been great, but instead it spends its time explaining to us how it’s clever.

Couple moments that were peak SCREAM awesome, but also some of the stupidest beats ever.

• 1 month later...

Watched it again, I'd upgrade it to second best movie. Ranking, including shows:

1. Scream (1996)

2. Scream: The TV Series (Season 1)

3. Scream (2022)

4. Scream 2 (1997)

5. Scream: The TV Series (Season 2)

6. Scream 4 (2011)

7. Scream 3 (2000)

8. Scream: The TV Series (Season 3)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.