Anyone from the OG 2000 nightly still around to talk about the sequels?

On 1/2/2022 at 9:41 AM, The Choc said:

Basically

Great: The Last Jedi

*choke*

Hey, if you pay me $20, I can pretend to be an OG!

On 1/2/2022 at 6:41 AM, The Choc said:

Basically

Very Good: The Force Awakens, Rogue One

Solid: Solo, Mandalorian

Disappointing: The Rise of Skywalker

My list would move everything to disappointing except for Rogue One and Mandalorian. I’d keep Mando at solid and add Rogue One there. 

On 1/2/2022 at 9:41 AM, The Choc said:

Basically

Very Good: The Force Awakens, Rogue One

Solid: Solo, Mandalorian

Disappointing: The Rise of Skywalker

I'm kinda team Choc on this but I  upgrade Rogue One to great and put Last Jedi into the new 'VeryVery Good, Not Great' category. 

If we are including all the Disney live action stuff, here's how I rate based on my enjoyment of them:

Awesome: Rogue One

Very Good: Mando, Book of Boba

Solid: Solo, TFA

Disappointing: TLJ

Poop: TROS

Way back then, I thought too much Star Wars movies would not be good and just wind up diluting the quality of the franchise. After the PT, I learned to get over it, stop putting Star Wars on a pedestal and just enjoy the content. Not everything has been great, but there definitely has been some good stuff. Rogue One and Mando have been my favorites so far. Other stuff has been enjoyable such as the Clone Wars TV show, the Clone Wars animated shorts, the LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special and Book of Boba Fett (so far). I am looking forward to other content Disney will be releasing not only on streaming but in theaters as well. As I have stated repeatedly on this board, I hope a time period outside of Episode I - Episode IX will be explored (hopefully Star Wars ancient history). One thing is for sure though: the stuff we are getting today beats the original Star Wars Holiday special, the Ewoks and Droids cartoon TV shows, and the Ewoks movies. :D

P.S. I can't believe my account is finally old enough to buy a drink in the Mos Eisley Cantina! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite OG, I'm from 2003 and just too late to witness ThunderDroid's reign. I curse the fates, curse them!

The sequel trilogy. I was saddened when the book canon went to the trash when Disney bought Star Wars but maybe, I thought, they can do better. The books had some lemons, to put it mildly. Then The Force Awakens came out and it was so milktoasty rehash of the first movie. Well, at least, they can only go up from here, I thought. Even if they just imitate The First Three, the next one is Empire. Oh boy, that prediction went badly with the  Last Jedi or as we call it Character Assassination Exhibit A. Clearly my ability to foresee events were not on par with the Emperor. Speaking of whom... the third film. The Rise of Scavengerhunt. I'm not sure how much of this hot mess was caused by the frantic re-writes after Ms Fisher died or how much of it was planned. Clearly something was supposed to be in the second film that led to from Snoke to Emperor Reborn but Ryan Johnson didn't get the memo. The only saving grace of it being the low expectations I had when I watched it.

Anyway, welcome back, skater!