Merry Christmas

The Choc

2 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

how early were all you other parents forced awake

eli was up constantly all night and we gave in at 510

You’ll hate me, but Sylvia (3) came and got me at 7:30. She was the first one up, but as soon as the other heard us stirring they were up in a flash.

10 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Most years it isn't too terrible, usually we end up having to wake the kids up. This year, Eli just couldn't contain his excitement at all. Gonna be rough going the rest of the day, but hey, whiskey.

I was up from 4 to 5 AM because of a very excited 7-year old, so I feel your pain. I also didn't have 3 Bloody Mary's before noon like my dad and husband so I'm doing much better than them right now lol.

On Christmas Eve we hid all TV remotes for the day and kept the kids outside and ran them. It was also like 85° here. Then we brought them inside, made pizzas for dinner, opened a few gifts (few = like 5-6 per kid), had a Zoom call with Santa, decorated Oreo cookie houses, threw all 4 in the tub together, and watched a Christmas movie. By the time the movie ended, my nephews and niece were out. So we made my kids watch TV in their room until they passed out. The first kid didn't wake until 8:30 AM. 

3 hours ago, Cerina said:

Ok not true. Noah was up at 6AM. He had to pee, then made his drunk father and 2 uncles come inside. Then he just hung out on a couch until everyone else woke up. Sometimes having a teen pays off. 

My youngest woke up at 5.  I asked him if we could wait.  He said yes and slept another few hours.  I was never an early riser, even as a kid on Christmas.  I always figured the presents will be there later.  Hopefully, i have passed this on. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.