Tell Me Which Horror Movies You Think

monkeygirl

would be good to watch with a 12 year-old female who loves and says she laughs at horror films.

She'll be among Christmas guests at my friend's house on Saturday

I just watched Rare Exports:A Christmas Tale but I think it moves too slowly and it's in Finnish.

I was thinking of Let The Right One In? I can't narrow it down and don't know enough about the kid.

I'll have access to amazon prime, netflix and apple tv.

Katrina, Seth, anyone?

Of the slasher genre, I would suggest the first two Friday the 13th movies or the remake, first Nightmare on Elm St or the remake, Halloween 1&2 (originals only), Scream, or Hell Fest. Bonus points because you can throw in that you know the guy who wrote the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

I know I’m totally late here (you could text me, Tami!) but I would have showed her The Conjuring 1 or 2 or Veronica or possibly Sinister 1 or 2. Why movies considered to be some of the scariest ever made? Because I am the kind of auntie who when the child says she laughs at horror movies would be like “okay, prove it.” And those movies have kids about her age, I always wanted to see kids my age in what I was watching when I was that age.

I did actually have a 12 year old (who’s mother is connected to the industry and who has been watching horror since birth), ask me for a recommendation, and I recommended Hell Fest. There’s no sex, and the theme park setting is fun for kids.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 10:57 PM, monkeygirl said:

I just watched Rare Exports:A Christmas Tale but I think it moves too slowly and it's in Finnish.

Hey!! I'm insulted now.

So a horror movie for 12 year old female, who laughs at horror movies? Hmmm. Well, the 1990's "Arachnophobia" should be a riot. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.