What did you get for Christmas OR holiday drama

Hobbes

My mom bought me a ton of stuff. And realized she had bought too much so rather than taking it back, she gave it to me early so I wouldn’t open too much in front of my siblings. So all of that stuff will just get wrapped by Laura to be from her. That’s one way to save money on Christmas shopping.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, Cerina said:

We have like 6 ladders. Why did you not have a ladder??

Why do you have six ladders?  What do I need a ladder for?  I have a step ladder. 

On 12/17/2021 at 9:55 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Did you have a ladder before?

Also, did you take out a life insurance policy recently? 

No and no.

So, my in-laws kinda won the lottery so they bought our tickets out here...to super rural Ohio.  My wife and I tried to have a date night last night in this super rural town, but every place was closed because you can't sell wine and liquor on Sundays in Ohio without a permit (beer for some reason is okay). 

Where in super rural Ohio are you? You have to have a liquor license to sell liquor or wine, and stores can’t sell wine on Sunday still (stupid, I know) but restaurants can serve on Sundays 

Which literally every restaurant has, and is super easy to get. I’ve lived here my entire life.

Those places want to be closed on Sunday, and are using the liquor thing as an excuse.

18 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Which literally every restaurant has, and is super easy to get. I’ve lived here my entire life.

Those places want to be closed on Sunday, and are using the liquor thing as an excuse.

That doesn't change my situation. 

2 hours ago, Hobbes said:

That doesn't change my situation. 

It does, because now you know you’re surrounded by people who hate you and your freedoms.

I am on material possession overload this year, so I have told people to save their money.   My brother and I have been cleaning out my Dad's house and there is a ton of stuff, literally.  Neither of us have much space, so we are donating a bunch of things.  

OH man. When my Mom and Nan died I was like THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF! where did all this come from? Now I'm like get it out. If I don't use it in 6 weeks I don't need it. And then Christmas shopping happens and I have added 6 more dish towels and 5 more grocery tote bags to my ever growing collections. The sad part is I don't have kids so when I die whoever forecloses on my house gets to clean all this up! (I am fairly certain there will be hidden cat barf in blankets and behind dressers.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.