The all new "I am drubnk thread"

Stayed home and watched a few parks and rec espisodes and HBK vs taker 1, got shit-faced on whisky and champagne, puked, and now im nursing a hangover watching Fellowship of the Rings.

I was awfully ambitious last night with the goal of going skiing today.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:52 AM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Ha! I asked the staff at the resort if New Years Day was busy and they said it gets busier after 2, and we bought twilight passes (good after 2pm). Glad we went last night.

How was it?  Where do you ski and how far is your commute?

I usually try to avoid holiday weekend due to the number of Jerrys, but I since purgatory is now a 20 minute drive, I decided to head up and it was great!  We have gotten like 100 inches this week alone!

In other news, I am successfully two days into dry January. 

We ski at Snoqualmie Pass, which is actually 4 resorts that combined into 1, so it's tons of terrain. Its only at 3,000 feet, though, so a lot of people say it's crap, but its a 75-minute drive and its a good road (I-90) that they really try to keep clear. Other places are a minimum of 2 hours away and overcrowded as hell. It has the best beginner terrain in the state, so its a good place for kids to learn. Eventually we will probably move on, but for now its perfect for going up every Friday after school. And it's going to be a good snow year from the looks of it. They are getting another 10-16 inches tonight so I am super excited for next Friday.