The all new "I am drubnk thread"

Hobbes

Stayed home and watched a few parks and rec espisodes and HBK vs taker 1, got shit-faced on whisky and champagne, puked, and now im nursing a hangover watching Fellowship of the Rings.

I was awfully ambitious last night with the goal of going skiing today.

On 1/1/2022 at 11:52 AM, Destiny Skywalker said:

Ha! I asked the staff at the resort if New Years Day was busy and they said it gets busier after 2, and we bought twilight passes (good after 2pm). Glad we went last night.

How was it?  Where do you ski and how far is your commute?

I usually try to avoid holiday weekend due to the number of Jerrys, but I since purgatory is now a 20 minute drive, I decided to head up and it was great!  We have gotten like 100 inches this week alone!

In other news, I am successfully two days into dry January. 

We ski at Snoqualmie Pass, which is actually 4 resorts that combined into 1, so it's tons of terrain. Its only at 3,000 feet, though, so a lot of people say it's crap, but its a 75-minute drive and its a good road (I-90) that they really try to keep clear. Other places are a minimum of 2 hours away and overcrowded as hell. It has the best beginner terrain in the state, so its a good place for kids to learn. Eventually we will probably move on, but for now its perfect for going up every Friday after school. And it's going to be a good snow year from the looks of it. They are getting another 10-16 inches tonight so I am super excited for next Friday. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

It's super trendy to hate them now. Actually it's been trendy to hate them way longer than it was trendy to like them. I've loved them the whole time though. Maybe more now that I'm a whiskey guy and beer is a rarity.

I don’t hate them, I just don’t really care for them. It’s funny, I used to like IPAs and hate stouts, now I enjoy stouts and not IPAs. But, really, I’m okay with any beer that’s presented. Just a matter of what I’m willing to spend my money on.

2 hours ago, Jacen123 said:

I like a few IPAs, but I hate that the craft beer selection at the grocery stores has once again become nearly all IPAs.  There were a few years in there where we had much more variety.

Agreed. It's really bad out here in Seattle. I am a low IBU girl/basic bitch so give me some pumpkin beer, hefeweizens, and porters and I'm good. 

I went out last night and went to a craft beer/natural wine bar place and had  4 or 5 pints of whatever lager they had on tap. Had a cracker of a headache this morning, which I can only attribute to something in the beer that wasn't alcohol content. Cause if I had drunk a bottle and a half of wine I would've had less of a headache. 

10 hours ago, Odine said:

I went out last night and went to a craft beer/natural wine bar place and had  4 or 5 pints of whatever lager they had on tap. Had a cracker of a headache this morning, which I can only attribute to something in the beer that wasn't alcohol content. Cause if I had drunk a bottle and a half of wine I would've had less of a headache. 

Probably one of those honey brews. Drinks with sugar will give you a headache.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.