The all new "I am drubnk thread"

Hobbes

Margarita flavored Smirnoff Ice, you mean?

We've cut back on drinking because my husband got some scary lab results and his doctor told him to lay off booze for awhile to see if it even helps. I have a feeling his next labs will be fine and that its not really the booze. Anyway, it takes me like 3 days to finish a bottle of wine by myself so I gotta be motivated.

I haven't been much of a drinker for the past...13ish years. I was a fairly heavy partier before I had Noah, so I can't say I've missed it much. But ever since we've been back in Austin, I find myself drinking more socially and casually. I'm not sure what's going on with that, but it's like the opposite of drinking as a coping mechanism. Sometimes I feel like I'm in such a state of relief to be away from the absolute shit-show that was our lives in Cypress that I can finally sit back and relax about it. 

I go through phases. Right now drinking makes me cough a lot with the pneumonia recovery, so I haven’t been drinking. But last month I went on a guys weekend and drank probably close to a dozen drinks over the weekend. At no point was I even buzzed, but it was a lot for me. Normally I’m like a two drinks a month guy, two a week tops.

But, damn, when Cynthia dumped me when I was young, I basically spent a few months as a high functioning alcoholic. That was probably the lowest point of my life, in a lot of ways, and it’s crazy to think now that I ever cared so much about someone who isn’t part of my family. But, damn, I was like an Amanda level lush with the cheap whiskey. A bottle a day, so I could only afford the super cheap stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had more than 2 drinks in 24 hours a very limited number of times since Louis was born. One time I went to a bachelor party and got wicked drunk on Everclear after a single shot, and I have vague memories of drinking WAY too much. But when I was a heavy drinker I more than made up for it.

16 minutes until midnight! I am so tired and I think Laura already went to bed, so I have Louis and Eliza up with me.

my dumbass brother texted me a TWENTY MINUTE youtube video and actually expected me to watch it??? because who gives a fuck about what I'm doing, right? 20 fucking minutes lollllllllll

if you text someone a video it better be 1 minute or less. 2 if it's earth shattering. I'm not watching twenty fucking minutes of ANYTHING I'm not already going to watch, and even then, I'll watch it when I'm ready, not because you decided I should

hey tom I'm down to just three 80s joes to get. viper pilot, starduster (any version, not completist enough to try to get them all), and rampage. they're all so costly though, who knows it they'll ever happen

Minute is too long for me.   And also it better not be stupid, either.  My brother sends me tic toc shit all the time.  I finally told him to stop.  I fucking can't stand most tic toc videos. 

Awesome on the joes!  I still need most of the nightforce, Rampage (I have Heavy Metal, so close enough!), Starduster, and Payload.   I have my viper pilot from when I was a kid, but the cobra is rubbed off and is just basically worth as much as a cobra. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.