Jump to content

Hawkeye (TV Series)


Recommended Posts

First 2 episodes dropped today in Disney+ and me and the Mrs have just been watching these.

It’s interesting how it feels quite normal to start off a new show with elements taken from a block buster film! The opening scenes set on 2012 give a nice, and relatively quick, back story for our new character.

Some very nice scenes in these 2 episodes - the theatre at the start had some fun moments, and a “fight” scene in episode 2 in Central Park was similarly entertaining.

Not sure on Kate Bishop herself at the moment - she goes from moody, highly skilled 20 year old to lighthearted and jokey quite quickly and all before she meets Hawkeye, so it’s not just down to meeting her idol.

But overall a very enjoyable start to the series and Tony Dalton is great - got a lot of time for him from Better Call Saul.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving it so far! The flashback to the 2012 attack was a nice touch, cool to see what an effect it had on the regular people. Looks like Kate and her mom made it through the attack on NY and the snap. Lucky people!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would tie in nicely with the rumor that Charlie Cox may show up as a lawyer in the next Spider-Man. Last ep of Hawkeye airs right after that, so just imagine Donofrio's Fisk appearing at the end of episode 5 and then Murdock in NWH the same week! I want my Spidey/DD team up!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

That was pretty neat how it was so instantaneous for some people that they didn't even realize what happened. Yelena was the bomb in this ep. And freakin' Kingpin! Yyyyiiissssss!

But how the hell does anyone know any details about Natasha's death? Only Clint was there and he probably told the Avengers what happened but how would anyone else know? I'm sure the Avengers might have released an official statement about her death that she died in battle or was killed securing the stones after. I mean, they didn't have to say anything since her body was on an alien planet and no one on Earth outside the Avengers would even know she was dead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CoLA said:

That was pretty neat how it was so instantaneous for some people that they didn't even realize what happened. Yelena was the bomb in this ep. And freakin' Kingpin! Yyyyiiissssss!

But how the hell does anyone know any details about Natasha's death? Only Clint was there and he probably told the Avengers what happened but how would anyone else know? I'm sure the Avengers might have released an official statement about her death that she died in battle or was killed securing the stones after. I mean, they didn't have to say anything since her body was on an alien planet and no one on Earth outside the Avengers would even know she was dead.

it seems like the events of Endgame are public knowledge after the fact? Natasha became a public figure in Winter Solider. I think some of it would be classified but given how much the world was changed, I'm sure there's some basic version of the story out there.

1 hour ago, Cerina said:

So Laura is either the most understanding and supportive wife ever, or there's something going on with her. 

All the nerds are saying she is Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird, and took on a new identity once she retired to raise a family. I think that would be cool. She's never been in a place where that would seem like a bad retcon.

Or maybe Clint has always just shared everything with her, which is also cool.

5 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Valentina passed her the info but where she got it from, that's a good question. I'm not sure I understand exactly what her position is anyway.

Yeah, there's a bit of confusion in this chain that needs explaining. Valentina drafted John Walker, and then Yelena. I was assuming this was to make a Thunderbolts / bad-avenger team. Valentina has some sort of government ties, so not sure how she and Kingpin factor together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tank said:

it seems like the events of Endgame are public knowledge after the fact? Natasha became a public figure in Winter Solider. I think some of it would be classified but given how much the world was changed, I'm sure there's some basic version of the story out there.

All the nerds are saying she is Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird, and took on a new identity once she retired to raise a family. I think that would be cool. She's never been in a place where that would seem like a bad retcon.

Or maybe Clint has always just shared everything with her, which is also cool.

Yeah, there's a bit of confusion in this chain that needs explaining. Valentina drafted John Walker, and then Yelena. I was assuming this was to make a Thunderbolts / bad-avenger team. Valentina has some sort of government ties, so not sure how she and Kingpin factor together.

I find that weird, like Avengers shared the details of her death? You would think they would have just said she died in battle or something. Like, Yelena even knows he was a friend of hers, so she should look into that more instead of just believing some woman she barely knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CoLA said:

I find that weird, like Avengers shared the details of her death? You would think they would have just said she died in battle or something. Like, Yelena even knows he was a friend of hers, so she should look into that more instead of just believing some woman she barely knows.

I don’t know if they’ve implied more than she died helping stop Thanos?

28 minutes ago, Cerina said:

Laura being Mockingbird would be cool. But she and Clint just having that level of relationship is cooler. 

CAN IT BE BOTH!?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question - was Hawkeye blocked from seeing Nat again so that he could activate her return button in order for her to have a proper funeral?
Her body was just lying at the bottom of that cliff, so seems like it could have been done. Never really thought about that before until the chats above triggered that thought. Just assumed the stones release prevented that.

(in reality I know they wouldn’t have wanted to do that in the film as it’s more dramatic just seeing Hawkeye breakdown and keep the pace of the film going. So not sure it’s that important! Ha ha!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tank said:

I don’t know if they’ve implied more than she died helping stop Thanos?

CAN IT BE BOTH!?

Yeah, it's too bad they haven't elaborated on that more. The general public knows she's dead, I guess, so the Avengers must have said something about it. But they also think Cap is retired, which is technically true, but I doubt they know he's old, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...