Ahsoka series - Sabine Wren has been cast!

CoLA

Agreed. I mean it is possible that if this series got picked up for season 2, I think the plan was for them to return, but with Ray Stevenson passed away, we probably won't get more about him.  I don't think they will recast, but will just kill him off screen.  

Now we may get more Shin backstory, if there is a season 2, or on some other show/movie.  At least I hope so.  

Also, how weird is it that Hayden Christiansen is now about the same age as when Vader died in ROTJ?

Meh, her part in the scheme was over. Thrawn obviously considers people disposable as soon as they've served their purpose. She served her purpose - basically as just an intergalactic receiver. 

Baylan's obviously being reserved for the next series and/or movie that I haven't confirmed is on the horizon. His story is going to be bigger as he looks for the World Between Worlds or whatever the blinky light was indicating. I hope they recast. They should also think about recasting Luke and Leia (possibly Han again) as well, but the fanbros might explode. 

Also, I wonder if Anakin's force ghost is spending this much time with Luke/Leia or if he's only haunting Ahsoka. 

You know, with the deep fake stuff, they could get look-alike actors and touch them up with CGI.   It would have to be easer than a full on deep fake like they did in Mando.  I remember some people wanting Sebastian Stan to play Luke.   He's be about the right age to do it now.  Anthony Ingruber should have been Han in Solo.  Billie Lourd would make a good Leia. 

As for Anakin, I would think Luke communes with his spirit.  I doubt Leia would want to, though.  

13 hours ago, Zathras said:

You know, with the deep fake stuff, they could get look-alike actors and touch them up with CGI.   It would have to be easer than a full on deep fake like they did in Mando.  I remember some people wanting Sebastian Stan to play Luke.   He's be about the right age to do it now.  Anthony Ingruber should have been Han in Solo.  Billie Lourd would make a good Leia. 

As for Anakin, I would think Luke communes with his spirit.  I doubt Leia would want to, though.  

If they had Billie play Leia and they gave her the sidebuns, I'd keep thinking of her as Chanel #3 from Scream Queens LOL.

On 10/5/2023 at 5:46 AM, CoLA said:

If they had Billie play Leia and they gave her the sidebuns, I'd keep thinking of her as Chanel #3 from Scream Queens LOL.

Well do some light CGI touching up, and she could sell Leia.  She is practically a dead ringer for Carrie Fisher as it is, with the right make up and hairdo. 

lourd.thumb.jpg.b0cc08f0b6559301c9aeebab363341c9.jpg

She did play Leia in a scene for TROS.

• 1 month later...

It's funny-- a few years ago everyone was saying Filoni should run creative and let Kennedy stick to what she knows- running production. Now that it has finally happen, I'm very MEH about it. Turns out Filoni in live action ends up leaving me feeling like EU fan films are now canon.

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

It's funny-- a few years ago everyone was saying Filoni should run creative and let Kennedy stir to what she knows- running production. Now that it has finally happen, I'm very MEH about it. Turns out Filoni in live action ends up leaving me feeling like EU fan films are now canon.

Feel the same way.  I was one of those who thought that too, and so far, I am not that impressed with Filoni Live action, aside from Mando seasons 1&2.  I mean I don't hate what Filoni has done, but I also feel like it could be better.

For me it’s more like too little too late. The franchise has suffered tremendously from not having one clear vision to follow, especially the ST. Had someone like Filoni been in this spot from the start, maybe it would’ve benefited having someone creating the path for everyone else as opposed to everyone just write what you want and we’ll make it fit somehow. Or worse, if we don’t like what you’re creating we’ll fire you midway through the production. 

Really HATED the toxic bro side of Star Wars fandom that instantly called for Kennedy's head and never stopped. It's the same ones complaint about how she "forced" female leads and woks and all that other crap.

That said...

To have had to fire and replace this many directors, to reshoot more than half of multiple features, to announce shows and not put them into production for years, to prioritize things like BOBF instead of giving more money to Obi-Wan... all of these things fall on her.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I mean that's fair for it to fall on her. I would rather the fan bros call her out on that rather than the fact that she has female reproductive parts.

I like how Filoni keeps track of the story. I happen to like a lot of the stories he's telling. I'm not enjoying Mando so much, but I did like Ahsoka. But I've always enjoyed the Skywalker story and Jedi lore. And I was a big EU fan girl until they killed off Mara Jade, after killing off Anakin Solo.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.