Ahsoka series - Sabine Wren has been cast!

CoLA

• 2 months later...

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined the cast! Early rumors are she may be playing Hera Syndulla! Squee! Hera is one of my favorites, I hope we get to see her in this!

Also, Hayden Christensen is supposed to appear as Anakin, guessing that will be a flashback or vision.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/star-wars-mary-elizabeth-winstead-ahsoka-1235078843/

• 1 year later...

Man they are really churning out the series at a rate huh. I'm not certain more is better. Who is Darth Dad-bod meant to be? He kinda looks like George Lucas. 

There is something intangible about these new series that just doesn't hit the vibe for me. Maybe it's the 70s early 80s feel they're missing for me... Is it the haircuts? Or the fidelity of the image that makes me not like the feel.. I don't know. Maybe the grainy, poorly dubbed video quality of my first experience with the OT  in the 80s is so baked into my understanding of star wars the better the fidelity we get the worse it feels. But whatever it is, things feel too slick and with not enough character. 

I quite enjoyed how cheap BOBF felt. Hokey effects and the B grade aesthetic suits SW, it was the writing that let that series down.

Obviously I'm going to watch Ahsoka..these are just thoughts running through my head 

23 hours ago, Zathras said:

Maybe C'baoth?

100% who it’s gonna be inspired by. The name dropping of ‘Heir to the Empire’ means they’re totally gonna do a loose adaptation of the trilogy, either in this season or leading up to it in the Filoni movie. 

• 2 months later...

1. Are the two dark non-Jedi people supposed to be part of the Knights of Ren? Or just more Inquisitors?

2. How did that one dark non-Jedi person know Anakin? I will assume he used to be a Jedi.

3. Is this series going to be about trying to find Ezra?

4. Was that a space whale thingy at 1:30?

On 4/10/2023 at 10:31 PM, The Choc said:

I thought overall the trailer looks good. I'll just say though do we need another hallway scene where a Force user destroys a bunch of helpless guys (or droids). 

You know this kind of makes me think of the difference between the end of Rogue One and the beginning of A New Hope. In Rogue One, Vader was merciless when he was trying to recover the stolen plans before the rebels left. In A New Hope, he seemed rather content to just let the stormtroopers deal with the rebels. But this was immediately after Rogue One, so why the change of heart? Maybe he was thinking, "I'm gettin' too old for this ****." :D

9 hours ago, Odine said:

The more shows come out, the more I think Order 66 didn't really do anything did it? 

Luke:  I can't kill my own father.

Ben:  Then the Emperor has already won.  Well unless some of the other 50 Jedi show up and kill him instead.  Did I not mention that before?  Well, I am Obi Wan Kenobi....it's kinda my thing!

You know, I am just not feeling excited for Ahsoka like I thought I would.  I can't put my finger on it exactly.  Maybe it is the simplistic stories by Filoni that work better as animated stories VS live action. This upcoming series has Ray Stevenson, whom I loved in Rome and Dexter, in his last role (or one of the last?).  Rosario Dawson has done a decent job as Ahsoka thus far.   While not something I was really in to, I liked Rebels well enough.  Sabine, eh, kind of neutral on her as a character, but don't hate her or anything.  But I just can't muster the excitement.  Is it that I have been burned too many times with recent star wars? Or is it Star Wars Fatigue?  I wonder. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.