Anyone into collecting soccer balls?

Hobbes

I coached my boys PK club so I am starting to accumulate a number of soccer balls...my favorite is my Teenage Mutant Ninja ball.  I couldn't find a size 3 Adidas ball.

But that is the interesting deal with this town.  There are dozens of outdoor gear shops in this town.  From skiing to hiking to river rafting to biking to paddle boarding...we have our own paddle board store. but we have like one general sports store in town.  If I want a pair of pants that aren't either from Wal-Mart or hiking/ outdoor pants, I have to drive to the closest city with a mall in Farmington, NM.  It was madness at the soccer camp because half of all the kids had the same style Diadora size 3 soccer ball because that is the ball Big 5 sports carries. 

Amazon, man. I know they're Satan incarnate but thats how you get a size 3 Adidas ball.

I guess we have 2 size 4 Adidas balls, one bright green Vizari soccer ball (Sounders colors) that's a size 3, and 2 size 5 soccer balls. One is Adidas and the other is some Nike one we found at a soccer field in the woods when we kicked our ball in there.  So um, that's my collection. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

2 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Amazon, man. I know they're Satan incarnate but thats how you get a size 3 Adidas ball.

I guess we have 2 size 4 Adidas balls, one bright green Vizari soccer ball (Sounders colors) that's a size 3, and 2 size 5 soccer balls. One is Adidas and the other is some Nike one we found at a soccer field in the woods when we kicked our ball in there.  So um, that's my collection. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Totally…but that requires me to think about something more than the day of.  My thought process is usually, “I need to order this on Amazon, but I have two weeks so I have time” to “shit…I need a soccer ball in 20 minutes and I’m the coach…”

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, Destiny Skywalker said:

We got the kids one for Christmas because my husband wants his PS4 back.

I just bought one for the boys Christmas and the whole thing confuses me.  I am a computer gamer and haven't had a console in over a decade. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.