Brand loyalty or overrated brands

Hobbes

2 hours ago, Odine said:

Is it fleecey?

It’s fleecey, but not the fuzzy kind. It’s really nice, especially since I work in the basement and it’s always cold.

57 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I practically live in Mexico and eat Mexican food several times a week, and yet, I absolutely love Pace brand salsa and picante sauce. It might even be my favorite.

Omg yes!  I made a mental note to add this.  Mild chunky.  

also, whoever decided to put guacamole in a tube so it doesn’t turn brown should be given a Nobel price.

really, everything is much better in a tube.

5 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

also, whoever decided to put guacamole in a tube so it doesn’t turn brown should be given a Nobel price.

You have guacamole that lasts long enough to turn brown? I’m not sure if you’re a Saint or insane.

30 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

I bet you like cheese that comes in a spray can 

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

You have guacamole that lasts long enough to turn brown? I’m not sure if you’re a Saint or insane.

Guac holds for you?  I eat a lot of guac and it rarely holds more than a day.  Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

15 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

Guac holds for you?  I eat a lot of guac and it rarely holds more than a day.  Maybe I’m doing something wrong.

I just eat all the guac. But one tip when we do make enough to save, hold on to the pit from the avocado and put it in the guac, and then put plastic wrap directly on the guac.

Especially thin mints.  

Without Samoas, they got nothing.  

I'm loyal to Nike when it comes to shoes and athletic apparel.  Their shoes have a style I like and are comfortable for the gym and running.   Their clothing seems to fit me better than any other big athletic brands.  

Not gonna like I was disappointed in the Adventerfulls I think they're called. They described them as brownie like but ours are crunchy like a thin mint. I think I'll stick with Samoas and Thin Mints. Soooo many of my students are girl scouts and friends. It's so hard to not buy from everyone, even outside of the state and have a cookie stockpile.

1 hour ago, Ms. Spam said:

Not gonna like I was disappointed in the Adventerfulls I think they're called. They described them as brownie like but ours are crunchy like a thin mint. I think I'll stick with Samoas and Thin Mints. Soooo many of my students are girl scouts and friends. It's so hard to not buy from everyone, even outside of the state and have a cookie stockpile.

It's like a thin mint with brownie and caramel on top.  Not bad. 

I'm very loyal to a particular brand of antiperspirant, but every time I start to like something, it gets discontinued.   Old Spice Swagger has gone through 4 or 5 variations in as many years. I'm dreading the day they decide to change things up again. 

1 hour ago, Ms. Spam said:

Not gonna like I was disappointed in the Adventerfulls I think they're called. They described them as brownie like but ours are crunchy like a thin mint.

I don't know why they advertised them like a brownie, because its absolutely wrong. Brownies are soft, these are just like a thicker Thin Mint but without the mint flavor. And then the caramel on top. That said, I wasn't a big fan of my first taste of the Adventurefuls but I already ate a whole box and now I'm addicted. Kind of like the French toast ones last year. I was like well they're ok and then there went the box.

Lemonades are also superior to Lemon Ups. I wish we sold those. But our gluten-free cookies are better.

Also Girl Scout cookies are not that expensive compared to everything else out there. A bag/box of Oreos costs $4-5 now. About 25% of the price for a box of cookies is to pay for the actual cookie. 10% goes to overhead (shipping costs, getting forms and promotional material to girls, paying for a couple of staff to manage the damn sale and train girls and volunteers). The rest goes to funding the troops and camp properties.

Sorry, this is my soapbox any time someone complains about the cost.

42 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Also Girl Scout cookies are not that expensive compared to everything else out there. A bag/box of Oreos costs $4-5 now. About 25% of the price for a box of cookies is to pay for the actual cookie. 10% goes to overhead (shipping costs, getting forms and promotional material to girls, paying for a couple of staff to manage the damn sale and train girls and volunteers). The rest goes to funding the troops and camp properties.

Sorry, this is my soapbox any time someone complains about the cost.

46 years old. Sweets are the enemy now. Price is the best reason (or the one that works) to cut something out of my diet. I don't buy Oreos or other cookies for the same reason. 

I work in retail so I get the rise in cost of goods. 

21 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I just eat all the guac. But one tip when we do make enough to save, hold on to the pit from the avocado and put it in the guac, and then put plastic wrap directly on the guac.

I just buy it from the store.  I am too lazy to make it myself.  I also think the squeeze container makes less of a mess and is super easy to put on tacos and such. 

10 hours ago, Cerina said:

The cost of Girl Scout cookies is nothing. Have you tried explaining the price of Boy Scout popcorn to people?? There's no excuse for that bullshit. 

Lol that shit is insane. Just accept that you are making a donation and getting a snack as a thank you. We try to buy a few items from friends (I usually just buy a package of microwave and some of the kernels), and they buy cookies from us when its our season. (And if I can ever get E in Cub Scouts we will be selling too.)

Met, I totally get the health side of it. Our parents just donate boxes now or buy them and share with friends. These are about the only sweets we buy and I know its not good for me! My kids are skinny, though, so I tell myself they are for the kids lol.

I donate a few boxes for my niece.  I used to buy some from neighborhood girls here, but I stopped for health reasons.  If We want cookies, weeither buy or make nice, fresh ones.

if any s ours still came door to door, doing the work themselves, I would still buy a box or two, but I really don’t like getting bombarded outside the ro wry store.

Just typing that, I feel like I e turned into the bitter old man yelling for the kids to get off my lawn.

9 minutes ago, Jacen123 said:

I donate a few boxes for my niece.  I used to buy some from neighborhood girls here, but I stopped for health reasons.  If We want cookies, weeither buy or make nice, fresh ones.

if any s ours still came door to door, doing the work themselves, I would still buy a box or two, but I really don’t like getting bombarded outside the ro wry store.

Just typing that, I feel like I e turned into the bitter old man yelling for the kids to get off my lawn.

More like a bitter old man yelling at kids to get on your lawn.

Wait that sounds creepy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.