Brand loyalty or overrated brands

Hobbes

There are definitely a lot of options for video calls, but I just wish I could FaceTime from other devices. It would make my life easier. We have a computer hooked up to our TV and my family used to do Houseparty for video calls, but it’s now defunct and the other options aren’t as easy.

No shit...I was in a group text of all iphone users and I could change the group name...add and drop people...etc.  I found myself in a group chat and spent a fair amount of time trying to change things only realizing all users have to be apple.

On 11/17/2021 at 9:55 AM, Gamevet said:

OMG! You need to get out of San Antonio. Bill Miller BBQ is awful. They make Colters BBQ look like a 5 star joint, and Colters is just your run of the mill BBQ chain. We’re spoiled here in Dallas. We have Hard 8 BBQ, Cattlerack BBQ and Ten50. Cattlerack is across the street from my office and their restaurant portion is only open on Thursday and Friday. People are lining up as early as 10 am, because at least 200 people show up on those days and they are usually cleaned out by 1:30.

I don’t know what the deal is with San Antonio, because it’s really hard to find a BBQ joint beyond Bill Millers and the old black man that had a BBQ joint called Ni**er Bobs, is no longer around there.

I was a bit conservative with the crowds at Cattlerack. They had at least 150 people waiting in line at 10:45 this morning. It’s gotta be closer to around 350 people running that place within a 3 hour period.

724E0BE8-563E-421E-8F8B-1462946AD674.jpeg

The thing about Bill Miller's is I a get about 30 minutes for lunch and they're about a five minute walk from my school. So it's easy to go and get a quick lunch. I usually get the #2 for $7.00. It's three pieces of fried chicken, a bread roll and my choice of side with a large Pepsi. I mean, would I chose Bill Miller's for BBQ when I can hit up a Rudy's? Probably no, but honestly I find the price good, how fast they serve and good pecan pie. If we're going fancy for BBQ it's Blacks in San Marcos. Bill Miller's fried chicken is better than Bush's.

I hear ya. I’m guilty of getting the Big Mac meal at McDonalds and I just grabbed a McDouble to hold me over until dinner today.

I haven’t ate at Cattlerack for a couple of years now, because the line out front is just absurd. Where do these people with all of the time in the world come from?  I got a chopped brisket sandwich and a small potato salad for $10, the last time I’d went. $10 is a lot for such a plate, but the sandwich is stuffed pretty steep.

I’ve only ate at Bills a couple of times and thought that their potato salad was mediocre at best. It kind of pissed me off when they charged 75 cents for a refill of tea. I do love me some Rudy’s though.

I LOVE Chick Fil A. Their spicy chicken biscuit/sandwiches are the best. I give no shits who they donate money to. 

Im very loyal to STL style pizza. Imo’s Pizza is the best pizza on the planet, any Chicago or NY pizza joint is a distant 2nd place.

It just takes one great experience for me to be a brand loyalist. I'd buy a Toyota but I'm Honda for life, really. I had three great Honda experiences.

Food, I just go with what I find tasty. I can't be loyal to perishables. That said, I shun certain places and brands because of their politics (Chik Fil A, Barilla)

I'm all about Lancome and l'occitane skin stuff. They are superior if pricey brands.

I do i-phones because I've done them since cell phones started, but I don't really like the experience overall. I'm not down with learning all over with an android.

I hope to never have to buy a bra that isn't a Glamorise-they are MAGIC! Charles and Mambo can see straight ahead and look like they did when I was 35 again.

Unfortunately, I require an underwire so I do have to deal with the digging metal eventually but if I can buy 2 bras each year, I'm in good shape

On 11/19/2021 at 5:39 PM, David said:

I LOVE Chick Fil A. Their spicy chicken biscuit/sandwiches are the best. I give no shits who they donate money to. 

Im very loyal to STL style pizza. Imo’s Pizza is the best pizza on the planet, any Chicago or NY pizza joint is a distant 2nd place.

There is Imo's in Kanas City.  I had a few friends that thought it was incredible.  I thought it was incredibly overrated. I am not partial to any style of pizza...good pizza is good pizza.  I am bias against Chicago style pizza because I worked at Uno's when I was a teenager and put on like 40lbs that summer. 

10 hours ago, Hobbes said:

There is Imo's in Kanas City.  I had a few friends that thought it was incredible.  I thought it was incredibly overrated. I am not partial to any style of pizza...good pizza is good pizza.  I am bias against Chicago style pizza because I worked at Uno's when I was a teenager and put on like 40lbs that summer. 

Imo’s Pizza is polarizing. You either love it or hate it. It’s the cheese. It’s called provel. It’s like a mix of provolone, cheddar and Swiss. It’s gooey.

I like all pizzas. There’s a great pizza place near me called Nancy’s Pizza, and they specialize in Chicago pizzas. They’re amazing.

10 hours ago, David said:

Imo’s Pizza is polarizing. You either love it or hate it. It’s the cheese. It’s called provel. It’s like a mix of provolone, cheddar and Swiss. It’s gooey.

I like all pizzas. There’s a great pizza place near me called Nancy’s Pizza, and they specialize in Chicago pizzas. They’re amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is bad--it is fine.  I just don't get the hype.  There was a place in KC called Leo's pizza that also did StL style, and that was bad pizza...and people still went crazy for it.  I love Pizza Hut and Domino's, so don't listen to me. 

I prefer Popeye's to Chick-Fil-A.  I have heard we are getting a Popeye's in town...

I like a well done (you can ask for it to be well done) Dominos pizza. They do a better deep dish than Pizza Hut. 

I like Popeyes chicken, too. Their chicken isn’t anything special, it’s good, but I go when I’m in the mood for their sides. I like their gravy and red beans and rice.

EDIT: oh and back to pizza. Casey’s General Store makes a mean pizza. Yes, it’s primarily a gas station, but they’re  all over the Midwest and I like swinging into one sometimes to get me a greasy slice.

26 minutes ago, David said:

I like a well done (you can ask for it to be well done) Dominos pizza. They do a better deep dish than Pizza Hut. 

I like Popeyes chicken, too. Their chicken isn’t anything special, it’s good, but I go when I’m in the mood for their sides. I like their gravy and red beans and rice.

EDIT: oh and back to pizza. Casey’s General Store makes a mean pizza. Yes, it’s primarily a gas station, but they’re  all over the Midwest and I like swinging into one sometimes to get me a greasy slice.

Hell yes...I love me some Casey's.  If I could bring one chain from KC it wouldn't be a BBQ restaurant, it would be Quiktrip.  So I love me a good gas station.  Never had their pizza though. 

11 hours ago, Hobbes said:

Hell yes...I love me some Casey's.  If I could bring one chain from KC it wouldn't be a BBQ restaurant, it would be Quiktrip.  So I love me a good gas station.  Never had their pizza though. 

YES. We have QT's everywhere here in STL. It's my go to. I like to get in and get out, and the QT employees do just that. They quickly grab my cash, or toss my debit card back at me, hastily toss all my shit in a bag, throw it at me and let me be on my way. They pretend to care JUST enough and tell me to have a nice day to where I can go on about my day and not be offended. Best gas station in the nation.

I'm not a fan of QT's pizza. they are thick and huge slices, but they seem to be almost not cooked enough. The shredded cheese is usually just barely melted. But everything else they have is great. They're the people's champion when it comes to roller items, and the other QT kitchen items, such as the shredded beef or pork burritos, etc are pretty great.

I don’t think he necessarily means COVID, just that COVID has made many of us more aware of the dangers to our health.

But, really, my taste in food and drink is so much the opposite of Hobbes that if he likes something I have a pretty good reason to believe I won’t like it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.