Can't post a very specific thing

Tank

So in the relationship thread I was typing up this big long post. I had to jump away and do something, and let the window sit overnight. My computer went to sleep, and when I came back on, I finished typing and tried to post. I get 500 server error.

I thought nightly was down, so I copied off my text, quit my browser, and went to bed. This morning, nightly seems to be working fine. I post a thing, no sweat. Go to the relationship thread, past in my thing-- same error. When I do quick reply I see it has saved my text, but won't let me post it. I can delete it and post my "..." test and it works fine. But every time I go to the quick reply box, the old text is still there and if I try to post it, OR past it in fresh from simple text I still get that error.

I've logged out, cleared my cache, but the problem is still there. I've also taken the text thrown it into simpletext to make plain text to make sure no formatting is attached, but same thing.

I guess the universe is just telling me to not share the drama of my life.

Without knowing what’s in the text, I can’t come up with a reason why a post won’t work. Cerina and I have almost no access to the actual technical stuff.

If we can find consistencies, we can find the problem. Even if it isn’t apparent. Zathras can confirm, 90% of solving any type of computer issue is finding out what is consistent with the errors.

If we can find consistencies, we can find the problem. Even if it isn’t apparent. Zathras can confirm, 90% of solving any type of computer issue is finding out what is consistent between  the errors.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

I wonder what would happen if we can find consistencies. Maybe Zathras can confirm what solving 90% of computer issue is about.

Turning it off and on again is at least half my job. Seriously.

TANK message boards are not my forte, but, I wonder if you PMed the original message to Fozzie or Cerina to see if it would go through if that would help.  If it goes through in PM, and then maybe one of them can copy and paste into the forum to see if that works.  That would at least isolate to your account.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

I feel like maybe the universe is telling me I was oversharing. Can we turn the universe off and back on again?

I have been thinking about this.  What format did you save your message text in?  Maybe try copying the text into a .txt  file, then copy and paste from the .txt?  Maybe something went wonky when you copied the original text to whatever format you saved in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.