Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

Even though they've said it's all canon, I'm pretty sure they'll go right ahead and ignore any of the books and comics if there is a character they want to use or story to tell in the shows. There's already been some continuity flubs, like Kanon's Order 66 backstory in Bad Batch not matching what happened in his comic. With SW, I only count the movies and series. The books and comics are "canon" until they're not IMO.

That's what they've always done no matter how much super fans say otherwise. In the early 2000s it was BUT IN THE BOOKS and more recently BUT THE STORY GROUP...

If Lucasfilm hires people like JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, etc to make their a-list movie, Pablo fucking Hildago (who is the worst) doesn't get to walk in the room and say "Oh sorry, but this obscure comic from 2002 already explained that so it's off the table."

Continuity will always be a trickle down from screen to print. At least that will hold somewhat true.

Yeah, and not matter how much it might piss some people off (not necessarily here, but oh boy do they exist in numbers), live action is above animated in that hierarchy. Which is why it annoys me when things like this happen. For the same reason I'm also not thrilled about What If characters popping up in live action MCU movies.

A friend of mine asked what was the point of this show because he couldn't understand the characters' motivations. Boba Fett doesn't want to rule like Jabba. He wants to be a "good" crime lord? Isn't he still a crime lord? The people and businesses must pay him a tribute the way a mob boss demands "protection" money. And if he is ridding the planet of drugs, then what is he a crime lord of? Instead of looking to take Jabba's place shouldn't he have looked to take the mayor's place? 

After going in circles with my friend I realized I couldn't explain it. It felt like the ST all over again where we weren't sure exactly what was going on in the galaxy and asking questions like, what was that planet that was destroyed in TFA and why? 

6 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Yeah, and not matter how much it might piss some people off (not necessarily here, but oh boy do they exist in numbers), live action is above animated in that hierarchy. Which is why it annoys me when things like this happen. For the same reason I'm also not thrilled about What If characters popping up in live action MCU movies.

I have always looked at live action as canon, and animation, books, games, comics as head canon.  I never considered all of TCW or Rebels as canon.  How else would you explain the Zillo beast? That shit ain't canon.  It's too ridiculous.   Also, that is what upset me about the ST and BOBF.  It's live action so it is canon, but sucks hard. 

Just watched the ending--wtf did I just watch?  I don't get what I was supposed to get out of the story--the biggest insight was Grogo and Din and it isn't even their series.  The Book of Boba Fett story could have been told without their involvement--have it be Freetown and maybe the leader of that tuskan group save the day instead of the mandalorian.  Instead of the Mandalorian episode, have boba save freetown from the pikes...I dunno.  

Luke's involvement feels like a gimmick.  Couldn't have Ahsoka done the same thing as Luke?  Maybe this will lead to a larger plot payoff down the line, but right now Luke's involvement feels so empty.  

I don't know who Cad Bane is, but I thought he was cool and was kinda pissed that he died.  Regardless, his whole point was to be the face of the Pike's because they were so underdeveloped.  I would have liked to see Boba go to war with the Hutt's and go to Nal Hutta.  

Overall--meh...

I really think originally the whole BOBF was meant to be like a 2 parter on the next season of The Mandalorian. Then through a few factors maybe they had a bit more material than they thought they did or scheduling conflicts preventing a full season of Mando from coming out so soon they stretched BOBF to its own thing because they didn't want to go so long between tv series. 

Plus Ming Na said she and Tem didn't even know they were filming a difference show, which lends creedence to an idea like this. The last few episodes really do feel like an elongated 2 parter of Mando. I mean whats a typical Mando episode? He shows up somewhere and helps someone there with a problem and then heads off with the baby onto their next adventure. Thats exactly what happens in BOBF.

It's just hard to believe they could think its a good idea to reunite Mando and the baby without even spending a single episode of their own show apart. Its almost dishonest in what it does. Really though it just continues something thats been going on in Star Wars for a while now which is the complete abandonment of consequences. Characters die, no big deal just some up with some ridiculous way they are still alive. Even inside of a movie its like Chewie is dead, nah! Threepios memory gone, nah!. Now with the Mandalorian its lets separate the 2 main charcters in a climactic moment and then not have them spend even a single episode apart. 

It just makes no sense but its going to continue, a large segment of fans love this stuff. Just look at clamoring for Mace Windu to come back online. Its insane. 

I said this pages back, BOBF was produced as part of Mando s2. That’s why the bulk of it is so obviously shoestring budget. It gets big when Mando shows up because it was his show again.

Still doesn’t explain why they undid everything that the Mando finale landed on.

They said that R2 had a back up before they did the memory wipe. I don’t know why people are upset —- it was plainly stated in the movie, well in advance. It’s a complaint with no merit whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

They said that R2 had a back up before they did the memory wipe. I don’t know why people are upset —- it was plainly stated in the movie, well in advance. It’s a complaint with no merit whatsoever.

Yeah but it was set up in the trailers for the movie with Threepio saying he was taking a last look at his friends. People were speculating he was going to get destroyed or wiped.

• 1 month later...

We finally got around to watching the show.  It was incredibly uneven, mixing some great moments in with a lot of subpar material.

My biggest disappointment, though, was reading through this thread and not even seeing a single comment about Camie and Fixer being at Tosche Station when Fett attacked the Nikto gang to get their speeders.

5 minutes ago, Jacen123 said:

We finally got around to watching the show.  It was incredibly uneven, mixing some great moments in with a lot of subpar material.

My biggest disappointment, though, was reading through this thread and not even seeing a single comment about Camie and Fixer being at Tosche Station when Fett attacked the Nikto gang to get their speeders.

I just sort of rolled my eyes. It was the kind of thing that I would've loved years ago, but I'm old and jaded now, and it isn't a big enough Easter egg for my kids to enjoy it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.