Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

15 hours ago, Hobbes said:

...seeing Luke reminds me that this happens 5 years after RotJ... 

I always figured in ROTJ Luke put the glove on his right hand because things were happening so fast that he didn't have time to stop by the medical bay and get the injury fixed. But 5 years later, he's still wearing it? Did he decide to keep it as a reminder of what it symbolized? Does his Jedi health insurance plan not cover that? Did LFL keep it on because the fanboys might melt down if he wasn't wearing it? 

7 hours ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

I always figured in ROTJ Luke put the glove on his right hand because things were happening so fast that he didn't have time to stop by the medical bay and get the injury fixed. But 5 years later, he's still wearing it? Did he decide to keep it as a reminder of what it symbolized?

I am guessing this is probably the reason. When Luke defeated Vader on Death Star II and chopped off Vader's hand, Luke looked at his gloved hand then Vader's missing hand. He was probably thinking in that moment he was too much like Vader, wanted to avoid repeating the same mistakes as Vader, and thus turned down the Emperor's request to destroy Vader.

Overall meh. I just don’t get what the point of this show was at all by the end and they kinda voided the emotion out of the Mando S2 finale. A couple of episodes later - and on another show - they are reunited in an underwhelming, way overlong and dull shootout scene. 

I think that was a pretty good final episode. It kinda felt like the 2nd half of a fun movie, unfortunately we had to have about 3 hours of not great "Boba Fett" stuff followed by 1.5 hours of pretty good "Mando" stuff. There are things about what they are doing I don;'t love, I mean Mando and the baby get back together before even 1 episode of "The Mandalorian" airs. In the end though I've often said fans should just try to concentrate on the fan  of it all and I think this episode delivered that. 

Re: point of the show

My youngest kids like the Disney+ Star Wars shows. Perhaps many of us, if we took a moment to consider ourselves, might find we have become old and don’t actually crave these things as we once did, that we watch out of habit, for what once was, rather than real driving interest. Or maybe it’s less than many, maybe it’s just me projecting. lol

12 minutes ago, zambingo said:

My youngest kids like the Disney+ Star Wars shows. Perhaps many of us, if we took a moment to consider ourselves, might find we have become old and don’t actually crave these things as we once did, that we watch out of habit, for what once was, rather than real driving interest. Or maybe it’s less than many, maybe it’s just me projecting. lol

Kids also have bad taste. We all had bad taste when we were kids too.

But, really, I watch these shows because of my kids and they’re fine for that. But I still reserve the right to be mildly disgruntled.

20 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

Overall meh. I just don’t get what the point of this show was at all by the end and they kinda voided the emotion out of the Mando S2 finale. A couple of episodes later - and on another show - they are reunited in an underwhelming, way overlong and dull shootout scene. 

THIS!

I was wondering this while watching the final episode. Is it that I'm getting old and therefore think how stupid some of these things are or would I still think the same if I were young? I hate when characters do things that make no sense and are clearly just written that way for action sequences. 

For example, when Fett and Din surprised the Pykes by bursting out of the ruins of the club shooting the Pykes down from the air, they clearly had the advantage (the high ground :D) but then decided to come down and continue the shootout on the ground. Why not stay in the air? Why not fly to a safer position to keep fighting? No, let's land right in the middle of the square that the Pykes already have surrounded and try to shoot them as they come at us from all directions. And then once the Pykes got the upper hand and began overwhelming Fett and Din, they forgot they have jetpacks because of course they did.  

8 hours ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

THIS!

I was wondering this while watching the final episode. Is it that I'm getting old and therefore think how stupid some of these things are or would I still think the same if I were young? I hate when characters do things that make no sense and are clearly just written that way for action sequences. 

For example, when Fett and Din surprised the Pykes by bursting out of the ruins of the club shooting the Pykes down from the air, they clearly had the advantage (the high ground :D) but then decided to come down and continue the shootout on the ground. Why not stay in the air? Why not fly to a safer position to keep fighting? No, let's land right in the middle of the square that the Pykes already have surrounded and try to shoot them as they come at us from all directions. And then once the Pykes got the upper hand and began overwhelming Fett and Din, they forgot they have jetpacks because of course they did.  

I was annoyed they kept having a conversation while the big droid is like RIGHT THERE trying to kill them LOL.

Also what was Fett's deal here? I mean at one point he tells Fennec he wants to be crime lord because basically hes tired of working for others and being sent into danger for little pay. He thinks he can make everyone more money. Ok thats fine. Then this week he is all like "this is my town, these are my people" which really wasn't his thing prior to this. Then at the end he says to Fennec that this running the town thing may not suit him. So he finally gets what hes been fighting for the whole season and then is like "nah".

Its like in Monty Python when they spend half the movie trying to get to Camelot and then are like "Camelot is a silly place" and leave. 

2 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

The rancor was just about the only thing I liked. He was a good boy.

I disliked Cad Bane being in this. He added literally nothing to the story. It was just FIloni trying to bring one of his cartoon toys to life, and I'm worried he's gonna keep doing it (as he already did with Ashoka, and who knows what else since I didn't watch and have no interest in any of the animated shows) in future Disney+ Star Wars seasons.

Bad enough this show ended being more about Din and Grogu than Boba Fett. At least I can understand that, as they're the current Star Wars cash cows. But that has me worried too. Where else can they be shoehorned? Grogu was in the Jedi Temple during ROTS, and we don't know where he was between then and when Mando found him. Who's to say they won't find a way to squeeze him into the Obi-Wan show? Realistically I'm sure they won't, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's in it. He's cute, he's fun, I get it, but I'm a little over it at this point.

I really wanted to like this show. I DID like the parts of Boba with the Tuskens. Fridging them as a way to make Boba more mad at the Pykes was pointless, since he was already at war with them. Frankly, they should have been the ones to come in and help, not the Freetown people (though the Weequay was cool), especially with the fact that Vanth is still alive (another reason why Bane's appearance was pointless).

9 hours ago, Tank said:

Forget that they forgot they had jet packs, how about the fact that everyone kept shooting at the assault droid’s shields even though it was instantly clear it did no good?

Even better, the droids chased the fighters throughout the town, tearing apart everything in their path as nothing could stop them with their shields protecting them. But as soon as the fighters all gathered behind that one wall for a final stand, the droids stopped their assault and just shot at the wall from a distance. Why didn't it just keeping moving forward and bust through the wall and continued the attack?   

I disliked Cad Bane being in this. He added literally nothing to the story. It was just FIloni trying to bring one of his cartoon toys to life...

I read that Filoni had planned for a Fett-Bane showdown in TCW before it was cancelled when Disney bought LFL. So I think you're right. This series gave Filoni the chance to finally do the showdown he'd always wanted even though it did nothing for the story. Back then it was supposed to have meaning as Fett killing Bane would set him up as the baddest bounty hunter in the galaxy. Here it was just another meh moment. 

16 minutes ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

Even better, the droids chased the fighters throughout the town, tearing apart everything in their path as nothing could stop them with their shields protecting them. But as soon as the fighters all gathered behind that one wall for a final stand, the droids stopped their assault and just shot at the wall from a distance. Why didn't it just keeping moving forward and bust through the wall and continued the attack?   

The other thing stronger than droid shields is plot armor.

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

The other thing stronger than droid shields is plot armor.

Speaking of which, someone else mentioned getting tired of the Mando armor. Not sure if it was here or the Mandalorian thread. But it really has gotten ridiculous that "the heroes" can just stand there and be shot dozens of times because they have "Beskar." They look even worse when none of their sidekicks have it and actually have to use skill to avoid dying. 

Not only was the Fett-Bane showdown underwhelming as it was, but it was further cheapened by the fact that Bane clearly was superior but Boba had the armor. And then Din is able to survive a rancor biting down on his head because of plot armor helmet. :hmm:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.