Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

4 hours ago, Zathras said:

Disney Star Wars for sure, which is not written for adults but for kids and teens/YA. Godfather 2 level of writing it is not.  

Yeah because Star Wars before Disney was Shakespeare.

I mean, let’s not pretend Star Wars hasn’t always been a poorly written vehicle for mass consumption. That was the case long before Disney signed the deal. 

10 minutes ago, Dark Wader said:

Yeah that’s fair enough, but specifying it’s Disney Star Wars makes it sounds like it’s any different to what we had before. It’s not better…but it’s definitely no worse. 

Compared to what? PT? Perhaps.  OT? That is a matter of opinion. I would say Disney Star Wars is uneven.  When it's good (EG Rogue One), it's good.  But BOBF has been pretty lackluster, and that is being kind.  

86076201.jpg

I mean more holistically- it’s not a Star Trek situation where they have completely lost sight of what the franchise is about and tried to turn into something else. 

Not trying to defend this show - while I’ve really enjoyed the last two episodes, overall it still contains the worst Star Wars I’ve ever seen on screen. 

Totally get it.  And you are right about Star Trek, but I won't go there because I would rant.  Definitely a sore spot with me.   I have just come to the realization Star Wars just is.  I've stopped putting it on a pedestal. But one thing I will say is that while it seems the budget for BOBF went to the last 3 episodes, it just has been a disappointment over all for me.

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

Hey man. Look here. Don't ask questions or criticize why Boba sucks. Just consume Disney Star Wars product, and get excited for next Disney Star Wars product.

I’m definitely not the key demographic for this show because I always thought the character sucked, but they should at least make him suck in the same way. 

22 hours ago, The Choc said:

I dont really want to get into another Luke, ST, TLJ argument here LOL. Im just saying that last year when Luke took the baby and most of the world was saying "thats the Luke I always wanted to see" or posting videos of themselves crying over it that it was plainly obvious that taking the baby was a very bad mistake. Most were like "well Grogu chose Luke, Mando gave permission". When in reality Grogu is not old enough to make a decision and Mando doesn't know the history. Luke though should know better. He seemingly didn't learn from the old Jedi failures and from his own successes in going against that. Although it seems odd he trained Leia as I doubt he made her leave Han as a condition of her training. 

I undertsand. I mean, that dead horse has been beaten so much even Arby's wouldn't take it. All I was saying was that from the scene at the end of Mando S2, it didn't seem to me that Luke was insisting Grogu give up any attachments until Luke explicitly said so in Book of Boba Fett. If that is the direction they want to take it, I guess that is cool. I am just interested in Luke's journey. He is obviously a central character in all of the Star Wars saga. So, I am interested in the little things/events/decisions along the way from Luke being an eternal optimist in the OT to being a broken-down grumpy old fart in the ST. :D

Leving the last 2 epsiodes aside I think whats a bit frustrating about this show is that it has elements that could have been part of a really cool show if it wasn't a "Boba Fett show." I mean say the show was titled "Tatooine" and was more about the situation on the planet as whole. You have alot of elements on Tatooine of a classic, epic Western:

Cobb Vanth: the good sheriff just trying to keep his town safe

Boba Fett: the mysterious outsider who is now a part of these peoples lives for good or ill

The Mayor: a corrupt politician who isn't quite a bad guy but has now taken money from the wrong people and is in too deep

The Hutts: the local crime family that is kinda just taken for granted and being part of the area

The Pikes: kind of like the railroad company who wants to destroy a town cause its in the way of the railroad

The Tuskens: the Native Americans caught in the middle of it

Feels like this elements all given somewhat equal weight rather than focusing on Fett could have been a very cool show. With shifting alliances and not knowing charcters real motivations. Feels like with this how its been kinda like "hey those 2 new Hutts are kinda cool, nope they fled the planet". "I wonder what that mayor is up to you? He ran away too". 

31 minutes ago, Metropolis said:

Has Ahsoka already been filmed? I'm wondering was the Ahsoka-Luke interaction part of an episode of that show. And where the hell did Luke get Yoda's Lightsaber? Maz Kanata obviously.

Starts filming next month! But we have to wait until 2023 for it to come out.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:14 PM, Zathras said:

Well, I for one, have had enough of deconstructing Luke, or Fett for that matter.  If you can't get shit right, then don't use classic characters.  Just set it far in the future where everyone is dead and start over fresh. 

I think/hope this is where they are kinda going with Grogu.  We see him become a Jedi and then 500 years later...

But yeah, I agree, the only things this Fett has in common with Fett from the movies is his name.  TV Fett is supposed to be this grizzled old veteran (at least to me) but seeing Luke reminds me that this happens 5 years after RotJ.  Movie Fett is supposed to be is his mid 30s and Temura Morrison is like 60.

In regards to bring back Mace... I am trying to figure out how much of this Filoni-verse is actually good versus "we finally see Luke rebuilding the Jedi".  We probably won't be able to tell for a few years down the road.  I have never liked cartoons, even as a kid, so I didn't watch Clone Wars or Rebels.  Ahsoka and Cad Bane, although I know of them, are still new characters to me and I am enjoying them without any sort of attachment, so that is a good thing. 

I am struggling with the whole dark sabre thing, but I got super nervous when he had to check it.  I was going to be so pissed if a major plot point going forward is Din's lost luggage. 

Anyhow, my prediction is Grogu chooses the armor so Luke goes to Tatooine to find Din only to walk into the battle between the Pikes and Fett and co and Grogu ends up with Luke.  I have a hard time with 2 seasons of Mando trying to get Grogru to Luke only for him to go back in an episode that isn't even about Din. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.