Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

Also, I really needed Luke to look over and say to Ahsoka HEY THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP FIGHTING THE EMPIRE.

I am sure they will hand wave that at some point and say she was in self-exile for some bullshit reason.  I wouldn't be surprised if they blame it on Vader somehow in the Obi Wan series.

Was this the first time Luke and Ahsoka met (on screen)? I liked her line saying Luke was just like his father. Luke smiled at this which indicates they know who each other are (i.e. Ahsoka knows Luke is Anakin's son and Luke knows Ahsoka was Anakin's padawan). I am curious as to how they first met and what was said during their first meeting. Maybe just "Hi, I'm Ahsoka. I was your dad's padawan." :D

22 minutes ago, Tank said:

This last episode was basically just Star Wars the TV show and literally has elements representing each of the trilogies, which is cool… and part of me was nerding out… but also, it felt… I don’t know… off. Fan-fictiony.

I can’t put my finger on it…

Maybe because the writing is on par with your below average young adult novel?

On 1/20/2022 at 2:02 PM, The Choc said:

So I guess we will get to see them have appearances by characters from other shows take the place of actual good storytelling?

Yup, LOL.

I thought the first scene with Vanth and the syndicate guys was great. Probably the best scene of the series so far. I kinda wish the show was about Vanth, hes just a cooler character than Fett. Also the idea of a small town sheriff trying to keep out this massive criminal enterprise is interesting. 

The Luke and Grogu stuff is fine to see. I'd leave Luke be, he doesn't quite look or sound right to me. However I must admit that I am very glad to see that the idea that Luke taking Grogu from Mando was a very bad, no good idea and that Luke should know better is likely going to be the case. Him making Grogu choose and still not allowing connections with others is just repeating the same mistakes of the PT era Jedi. This really is Luke being way too arrogant and sure of himself like he talks about in TLJ. So although I would leave Luke be it is good to see them taking the right approach here and showing us how wrong Luke was to take the kid and him doubling down on that wrongness in this episode is satisfying. The whole "this is the Luke I always wanted to see" crowd can see that the Luke of that scene at the end of Mando season 2 is Luke going down the wrong path which eventually will lead to his failure with his nephew. 

lastly Cad Bane looks terrible in live action. LOL

27 minutes ago, Darth Wicket said:

Was this the first time Luke and Ahsoka met (on screen)? I liked her line saying Luke was just like his father. Luke smiled at this which indicates they know who each other are (i.e. Ahsoka knows Luke is Anakin's son and Luke knows Ahsoka was Anakin's padawan). I am curious as to how they first met and what was said during their first meeting. Maybe just "Hi, I'm Ahsoka. I was your dad's padawan." :D

They definitely knew each other, and I think that needed to happen, but, and I say this as a fan of Ahsoka as a character, Filoni has dodged his way out of killing her twice, on TCW and Rebels.  I hope they din't go into it, but she was pulled through time before Vader could kill her, which I don't love.

Also, in Mando, she tells him to take Grogu to the Jedi rock which sends off a signal to Luke. If she knew Luke at that point, she should have just told Mando to take him then.

It will probably happen on her show, but we need to account for what she has been up to. that said, seeing her and Luke together, with Grogu, on the future temple site, was a great moment because it had elements from each trilogy.

21 minutes ago, Darth Wicket said:

I am thinking more about that attachment thing. Luke took Ben Solo to train at the new Jedi Academy. Did he force Ben to give up his attachment to Han and Leia? If not, what a sniveling weaselly hypocrite Luke was. :D

16 minutes ago, Dark Wader said:

If I remember right, in the Last Jedi he mentions that he tried to train his new Jedi like they used to train the Jedi, which led to him repeating the same failures. So Grogou is probably just the first time he starts to learn the lesson, but gets cemented with Ben. 

2 minutes ago, The Choc said:

The Luke and Grogu stuff is fine to see. I'd leave Luke be, he doesn't quite look or sound right to me. However I must admit that I am very glad to see that the idea that Luke taking Grogu from Mando was a very bad, no good idea and that Luke should know better is likely going to be the case. Him making Grogu choose and still not allowing connections with others is just repeating the same mistakes of the PT era Jedi. This really is Luke being way too arrogant and sure of himself like he talks about in TLJ. So although I would leave Luke be it is good to see them taking the right approach here and showing us how wrong Luke was to take the kid and him doubling down on that wrongness in this episode is satisfying. The whole "this is the Luke I always wanted to see" crowd can see that the Luke of that scene at the end of Mando season 2 is Luke going down the wrong path which eventually will lead to his failure with his nephew. 

Yeah, this is bothering me. I feel like this is a really bad mis-read of Luke that originated with TLJ, and they are running with it here. Luke eschewed what Yoda and Obi-Wan told him and saved Vader via compassion and connection. I do NOT like that they've decided Luke didn't learn from this lesson and repeated the mistakes of the old Jedi. I could handle him giving up after Ben went evil in TLJ, but the fact that he did it wrong was just a bad decision that not even Filoni can reverse.

Well the idea of not allowing connections or whatever isn't really in TLJ. Certainly I felt like when he was talking about the PT era Jedi failing and being arrogant and all that he was talking about himself but I don't think at any point its clear in what way he repeated some of those mistakes. He definitely doesn't say anything specific about not allowing his students to have attachments. 

In The Mando scene last year though when he takes Grogu from his adoptive father its clear he is repeating that specific mistake. So I don't really think its fair to say Filoni couldn't reverse it when really him and Favreau who made him repeat that mistake.

If he took on Ben Solo as an apprentice at an age where he was already showing problems, he's already repeated the mistake. When he spells out how the PT Jedi failed he never once says he tried to do things any differently. TROS picked up on this with all the reasons Leia quit her training.

It may not be consistent, but the chance to make it clear Luke did something different was there and available, and they didn't do it. 

23 minutes ago, The Choc said:

In The Mando scene last year though when he takes Grogu from his adoptive father its clear he is repeating that specific mistake. So I don't really think its fair to say Filoni couldn't reverse it when really him and Favreau who made him repeat that mistake.

I watched that scene again, and it does not seem that anything in there is implying Grogu must never have any contact with Mando again. Mando even said to Grogu he will see Grogu again and Luke does not object. However, in Book of Boba Fett, Luke is making it very clear that Grogu must not have any connection with Mando again. Also, isn't Luke breaking an old Jedi rule about teaching students older than children? Grogu seems like a baby but we see a flashback of him (maybe at the Jedi temple with clone troopers killing Jedi) and Luke says a little part of Grogu's life is like a lifetime for others. Maybe we will learn more in coming episodes of Boba Fett and Mando, but for now I have no idea what Luke is thinking.

Grogu - Training at older age (against PT Jedi rules); giving up attachments (in line with PT Jedi rules)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ben_Solo

I know this link is not considered canon, but can anyone help out fill in the canon details?

Ben Solo - Training beginning at 10 years old (against PT Jedi rules - Anakin was about the same age); Did Luke force Ben do give up attachments to Han and Leia?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

If he took on Ben Solo as an apprentice at an age where he was already showing problems, he's already repeated the mistake. When he spells out how the PT Jedi failed he never once says he tried to do things any differently. TROS picked up on this with all the reasons Leia quit her training.

It may not be consistent, but the chance to make it clear Luke did something different was there and available, and they didn't do it. 

Great.  Just when I thought I was done hating on the ST.  Thanks for a new reason, Tank.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471pnp8rtfuucl8vdalf

41 minutes ago, Darth Wicket said:

I watched that scene again, and it does not seem that anything in there is implying Grogu must never have any contact with Mando again. Mando even said to Grogu he will see Grogu again and Luke does not object. However, in Book of Boba Fett, Luke is making it very clear that Grogu must not have any connection with Mando again. Also, isn't Luke breaking an old Jedi rule about teaching students older than children? Grogu seems like a baby but we see a flashback of him (maybe at the Jedi temple with clone troopers killing Jedi) and Luke says a little part of Grogu's life is like a lifetime for others. Maybe we will learn more in coming episodes of Boba Fett and Mando, but for now I have no idea what Luke is thinking.

Grogu - Training at older age (against PT Jedi rules); giving up attachments (in line with PT Jedi rules)

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Ben_Solo

I know this link is not considered canon, but can anyone help out fill in the canon details?

Ben Solo - Training beginning at 10 years old (against PT Jedi rules - Anakin was about the same age); Did Luke force Ben do give up attachments to Han and Leia?

Ahsoka revealed to Mando in S2 that Grogu was at the Jedi temple during Order 66 (which we now see in this last episode). I think that implies he started training when he was supposed to, but there was a 25 year gap semester.

I’m glad I decided to dip into spoilers and read that they are sticking with Rian Johnson’s interpretation of Luke. For everyone that likes that, yay. Glad you have Star Wars. This is the last I’m interested though. Done. Not into the saga of how the Skywalkers continually fuck up shit for everyone. The Star Wars I had known was about breaking an abusive cycle, not being stuck in it, perpetuating it.

To be clear, I think Rian Johnson is undeniably talented, and there was stuff I liked in TLJ, AND it’s probably the best of those three films, AND really it’s the last film that just destroys it all. But with that all said, I just truly despise the stubborn, learned nothing, broken Luke interpretation. I know that is what they did and they can’t really change it, I just had hoped there was enough time between the sequel trilogy and Mando that we’d be able to sorta ignore it all.

Rock and a hard place for the writers on this stuff, I guess.

3 hours ago, The Choc said:

lastly Cad Bane looks terrible in live action. LOL

I actually liked it and how he was older and more grizzly/scary. I’m probably the only one but I was more excited by his appearance than Luke (R2 was the star cameo in my eyes) and at least that scene had some sort of relevance to Fett. Plus always love a good blaster stand off. 

Cad Bane looked great and scary as hell.  But I never watched him in the cartoon.  Luke looked much better this time around.  He looks like Hamill crossed with someone else who looks similar but with slightly different hair.  His lips were off in parts and the body actor doesn't quite have the mannerisms but it's better. 

I was hoping Luke would give Grogu the gift from Mando without an explanation of where it's from.  It's unfair to ask a child to make a choice like that.  Jedi test, I guess, but it's a flimsy and lazy cliffhanger to end an episode with.  

14 hours ago, Tank said:

They definitely knew each other, and I think that needed to happen, but, and I say this as a fan of Ahsoka as a character, Filoni has dodged his way out of killing her twice, on TCW and Rebels.  I hope they din't go into it, but she was pulled through time before Vader could kill her, which I don't love.

Also, in Mando, she tells him to take Grogu to the Jedi rock which sends off a signal to Luke. If she knew Luke at that point, she should have just told Mando to take him then.

It will probably happen on her show, but we need to account for what she has been up to. that said, seeing her and Luke together, with Grogu, on the future temple site, was a great moment because it had elements from each trilogy.

Yeah, this is bothering me. I feel like this is a really bad mis-read of Luke that originated with TLJ, and they are running with it here. Luke eschewed what Yoda and Obi-Wan told him and saved Vader via compassion and connection. I do NOT like that they've decided Luke didn't learn from this lesson and repeated the mistakes of the old Jedi. I could handle him giving up after Ben went evil in TLJ, but the fact that he did it wrong was just a bad decision that not even Filoni can reverse.

Agreed! Not a fan at all of Luke repeating the same mistakes the old Jedi did, especially since he proved them wrong by turning Vader at the end. Luke at the end of ROTJ seems like he is all about keeping his connections with friends and family. The whole "It's Mando or the lightsaber" thing just feels all wrong. But I hated TLJ, sooo...

19 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I haven't watched today's episode yet, will tonight.

So Mando gets a Naboo starfighter. That's pretty cool. But how, exactly, is a bounty hunter supposed to transport his bounties in a ship that doesn't have a hold? Cram them into the astromech port?

Yes! I hate the new ship! He needs a bigger one with space to at least hold a prisoner...or a body. :P

12 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

Cad Bane looked great and scary as hell.  But I never watched him in the cartoon.  Luke looked much better this time around.  He looks like Hamill crossed with someone else who looks similar but with slightly different hair.  His lips were off in parts and the body actor doesn't quite have the mannerisms but it's better. 

I was hoping Luke would give Grogu the gift from Mando without an explanation of where it's from.  It's unfair to ask a child to make a choice like that.  Jedi test, I guess, but it's a flimsy and lazy cliffhanger to end an episode with.  

Exactly...Grogo is emotionally like 5.  How does he have enough knowledge of either the Jedi or Mandalorians to make an informed decision.  I thought it was straight up cruel by Luke...I mean Jake. 

I dont really want to get into another Luke, ST, TLJ argument here LOL. Im just saying that last year when Luke took the baby and most of the world was saying "thats the Luke I always wanted to see" or posting videos of themselves crying over it that it was plainly obvious that taking the baby was a very bad mistake. Most were like "well Grogu chose Luke, Mando gave permission". When in reality Grogu is not old enough to make a decision and Mando doesn't know the history. Luke though should know better. He seemingly didn't learn from the old Jedi failures and from his own successes in going against that. Although it seems odd he trained Leia as I doubt he made her leave Han as a condition of her training. 

As for Cad Bane I just always thought he looked like almost amphibion in the cartoons. The blue color of his skin was almost like electric blue. Just don;t think the live action gives off that same vibe. 

4 hours ago, Odine said:

Reckon star wars works better if you dont ask too many questions.

Given that the ONLY reason people care about Boba Fett is because they thought he was a bad ass is reason to ask why they decided to not make him one. As I said, I’m only two episodes in, but what they’ve done to Boba is worse than what they did to Luke.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.