Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

2 hours ago, Fozzie said:

They should have done a series where Boba was the villain. Lean into the character instead of attempting any type of redemption.

Yup Yup!

Like I said earlier, this should have been a Clint Eastwood/Unforgiven style story about Boba getting back into the Bounty Hunter game.  I have no problem with him taking out worse dudes,  so that he is relatively an antihero, but Boba is supposed to be cold, calculating, and relentless. He's the dude who caught Han Solo and took him to Jabba.  I want THAT Boba back.  

Plus, I still don't get him wanting to run the entire underworld organization because he's "smarter than those guys?"  IS that the explanation we get?

You know, even in Mando season 2 when Boba popped up, I was ecstatic but something was nagging at me (but my excitement for his return didn't allow me to think too much about it until this show).  I kept wondering what Boba's angle was for helping Mando.  I thought it was going to be a trick.  Then he took his throne, and I thought Oh, OK they are setting Boba up as a future villain.  Nope.  

Here is the thing with Fett, he is a niche character. He plays a very small role and does it well but there is nothing to suggest there was anything there that needed to be explored further. Its like in wrestling sometimes you have this wrestler who finds something that is kinda cool, the fans get behind then WWE decides to push him beyond that and he can't. Any wrestling fans will remember Fandango and when the crowd started to all do his dance in the stands. It was awesome but instead of just saying "hey he found this cool thing lets let him do it" WWE put him on talk shows and tried to push him down everyones throats and within a month no one cared, no one did the dance and the character was done forever. 

The best way to use Fett woulda probably been as an adversary for the Mandalorian. End of season 1 Gideon really wants Baby Yoda so he hires Fett to do it. Last scene of the season is Fett walking in to take the job from Gideon. People woulda went nuts.

Then during the course of being the bad guy on the show you can slowly hint that maybe he ain't so bad. Hes just trying to make a liviung the only way he knows how. That in OT he was hired by the government to catch a fugitive who did previously work in the illegal world and owed money. Then in the final episode of the season he finally turns on Gideon and helps Mando.

As of now it just feels he woke up from the sarlaac a different character. I get trauma can cause that but on a tv show has to be more than just having an awakening out of nowhere. It feels like they are just missing parts of the story. 

12 hours ago, Fozzie said:

They should have done a series where Boba was the villain. Lean into the character instead of attempting any type of redemption.

Seeing what we got here, now I wonder if it would've been better to have done a Boba Fett series set during the original trilogy. They could do all sorts of stories with the character doing Boba Fett things. Then when it’s time to end the series, however many seasons it goes, the finale could be him hearing about Vader putting out a call to any interested bounty hunters willing to do a job for the Empire. He wonders what it would be, knowing the risk is high but the reward would be great. And he takes off to do it, leading right into ESB. 

1 hour ago, The Choc said:

Here is the thing with Fett, he is a niche character. He plays a very small role and does it well but there is nothing to suggest there was anything there that needed to be explored further. Its like in wrestling sometimes you have this wrestler who finds something that is kinda cool, the fans get behind then WWE decides to push him beyond that and he can't. Any wrestling fans will remember Fandango and when the crowd started to all do his dance in the stands. It was awesome but instead of just saying "hey he found this cool thing lets let him do it" WWE put him on talk shows and tried to push him down everyones throats and within a month no one cared, no one did the dance and the character was done forever. 

The best way to use Fett woulda probably been as an adversary for the Mandalorian. End of season 1 Gideon really wants Baby Yoda so he hires Fett to do it. Last scene of the season is Fett walking in to take the job from Gideon. People woulda went nuts.

Then during the course of being the bad guy on the show you can slowly hint that maybe he ain't so bad. Hes just trying to make a liviung the only way he knows how. That in OT he was hired by the government to catch a fugitive who did previously work in the illegal world and owed money. Then in the final episode of the season he finally turns on Gideon and helps Mando.

As of now it just feels he woke up from the sarlaac a different character. I get trauma can cause that but on a tv show has to be more than just having an awakening out of nowhere. It feels like they are just missing parts of the story. 

I legit thought he was being set up as the villain for Mando s3. That would have made more sense.

And in that yuo could "turn him". He spends the whole season hunting Mando, a very similar former bounty hunter. He continually seems this former bad guy make good, selfless choices. Over time this has an affect on him and Boba realizes there are other ways than bounty hunting, inspired by Mando.

At the end of that hed be ready for a show as a protagonist. 

3 hours ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

Seeing what we got here, now I wonder if it would've been better to have done a Boba Fett series set during the original trilogy. They could do all sorts of stories with the character doing Boba Fett things. Then when it’s time to end the series, however many seasons it goes, the finale could be him hearing about Vader putting out a call to any interested bounty hunters willing to do a job for the Empire. He wonders what it would be, knowing the risk is high but the reward would be great. And he takes off to do it, leading right into ESB. 

NO disintegrations!

I enjoyed the latest episode.  The pacing was better and it felt a little more SW.  With my expectations set so low, maybe I was more relieved that nothing goofy or pointless happened like in past episodes.  The ratatouille bit in the kitchen worked well enough for me. 

And yeah, if Boba knows anything about Tatooine, it should be easy to assume his armor was taken by scavengers.    I'm surprised he never suspected the Tuskens!

Well once he got in with the tribe they probably told him how they found him. Armor? What armor? Man, when we found you, you were laying there with nothing but what you’ve got on now. You’d be dead had we not arrived. 

As for the episode itself, this felt more like what should’ve been episode 1 or 2 instead of the series almost being over. 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:02 AM, The Choc said:

So I guess we will get to see them have appearances by characters from other shows take the place of actual good storytelling? 

Turns out you were right on the money! This weeks I thought was great, but it was basically because it was another show. 

I thought the first 10 or so minutes was really good with him trying and getting then killing the one guy. The setting of the first half of the episode was really cool. After that? not really. I just don't care about the whole darksber, Mandalorian culture and history stuff. Then the whole montage fixing the Naboo fighter was ok I guess. The its like "oh look its the same pilot he had an issue with before!!!!" Who cares?

I guess Im at or approaching the point where I kinda just realize this whole Favreau/Filoni Mandoverse isn't for me. Ive been such a huge Star Wars fan that it seems crazy to stop watching live action Star Wars but Im getting to that point. Ill definitely finish these last 2 episodes of this show because its only 2 episodes but after that stuff set in this particular part of the time with these characters Im not so sure.

Thats ok though because they do have enough stuff coming out that should have almost nothing to do with this. The Kenobi and Andor shows Im looking forward to alot. The fact is they start putting out 3-4 seasons of shows a year, which they are, the chances of liking all of it are pretty slim. But Im pretty sure there will be stuff I really like. 

2 hours ago, Rogue 3 said:

Yes, couldn’t agree more! Just finished it and really enjoyed it.  But basically Mando 2.5!

It was straight up Mando - aside from Fennec at the end, was there anything at all to connect to Boba’s story? They could have loosely connected it somewhere.

Hahah, best episode of this show. It had everything we have been wanting:

someplace other than tattooine, bounty hunting, cool Mandalorian armor/gadget action, ACTION in general, starships….

Only missing was Boba Fett. It’s almost comical.

One thing I also noticed, the big Mando wasn’t credited. He’s the one in S1 John Favreu did the voice for… because he’s house Vizla, as he pointed out. Pre Vizla in The Clone Wars, who was the character the Darksaber was first introduced with, was originally voiced by Favreu.

Pretty sure this time it was actually John in the suit. He had that Happy Hogan sort of waddle.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:04 PM, Tank said:

Hahah, best episode of this show. It had everything we have been wanting:

someplace other than tattooine, bounty hunting, cool Mandalorian armor/gadget action, ACTION in general, starships….

Only missing was Boba Fett. It’s almost comical.

Comical and concerning.  The entire budget went to this and likely the next episode.  So much filler.  

Maybe they thought they were cooking up something very special here but it's probably my biggest letdown outside of Rise Of Skywalker.

I feel for the first time like the new ownership just decided to churn something out without care of quality, based on the fact it's a Boba show.  That's the selling point.

Anyway, good episode.  I was relieved Boba wasn't in this one.  

But the Darkdsaber is super heavy?  Moff Gideon brandished it one handed didn't he?  

9 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

Comical and concerning.  The entire budget went to this and likely the next episode.  So much filler.  

Maybe they thought they were cooking up something very special here but it's probably my biggest letdown outside of Rise Of Skywalker.

I feel for the first time like the new ownership just decided to churn something out without care of quality, based on the fact it's a Boba show.  That's the selling point.

Anyway, good episode.  I was relieved Boba wasn't in this one.  

But the Darkdsaber is super heavy?  Moff Gideon brandished it one handed didn't he?  

They made a mention that Mando was "fighting" the saber, so I guess it can't be handled correctly by just anyone. Or maybe they need to learn? Not that they elaborated on what that meant! It's never come up with any of the other characters that wielded it.

12 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

Also, if Mando was banished, wouldn't he have to surrender his armor?

Well, they made it but he did provide the Beskar. I guess they would just consider it his and let him keep it, like the way they did his gift.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.