Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

22 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Yeah, the fact that no movie or show has come back to Naboo, or even Coruscant, is pretty weird to me.

If any show's chararcters would visit Coruscant, I think it could be the Bad Batch (as that show takes place just after the end of the Clone Wars). Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett both take place after the OT, and Coruscant was no longer the capital. Naboo seems an odd choice to visit for most characters, but I could possibly see Vader going back there in the Obi-Wan series (maybe even some scenes with Vader on Coruscant). I am sure we will be seeing lots of Tatooine in the Obi-Wan series as well. :D

At least we got the Bad Batch visiting Kamino and some flashbacks of Kamino in the Book of Boba Fett. My favorite planet from the OT was Hoth, but I don't see anyone going back there for any reason. I remember there used to be theories here that Naboo became Dagobah and Kamino became Hoth. :D

6 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

There was a whole trilogy of movies involving descendants of both the Skywalkers and Palpatines. Pretty not unreasonable to think there might be a Naboo connection there. Certainly more than Endor.

My bad. I assumed you were just talking about all the TV shows we are getting now from Disney. I didn't realize you were also talking about the ST. I agree with you. I do think that Naboo might show up in the Obi-Wan series with Vader going there. I seem to remember something in comics were Vader did go there after Padme's funeral, but I don't know if that was something I imagined or it was real.

EDIT: I guess I didn't imagine it:

Vader.jpg

16 minutes ago, Zathras said:

I don't like the idea of Vader visiting Padme's tomb.  He was supposed to sever all ties of Anakin Skywalker and become Darth Vader. 

Maybe for the most part, he did. However, there could still be a little left of what he used to be, which is what Luke felt (the conflict inside Vader) and why Luke was able to turn him back to the light side of the Force.

4 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Yeah, the fact that no movie or show has come back to Naboo, or even Coruscant, is pretty weird to me.

Pablo Hildsago, King Star Wars nerd/apologist, in his usual self-important way did tweet a thing recently that amused me. Remember the whole "Hosian Prime" planet getting nuked in TFA? You know the planet they said was the capital, and looked like Coruscant but WASN'T Coruscant?

Turns out Abrams wanted to blow Coruscant up, but Lucasfilm and Disney said no. What we got was the compromise.

Also, this Boba Fett show is awful. Even with John Favraeu writing it, it just has no heart or magic. 

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

I don't like the idea of Vader visiting Padme's tomb.  He was supposed to sever all ties of Anakin Skywalker and become Darth Vader. 

There's also the scene at the end of Clone Wars with Vader finding Ahsoka's lightsabers that he gave her. Really great moment in the series, too!

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Also, this Boba Fett show is awful. Even with John Favraeu writing it, it just has no heart or magic. 

Yeah, honestly it just feels like a chore to watch now. This weeks was a little better but not really by much. 

The sequence with the little droid belonged in a Pixar movie, not a show about Boba Fett. The ‘mod’ scene was horrendous as well, wtf was that music? 

I thought it was interesting they played a little of the Mandalorian theme after Fennec Shand delivered her line about credits can buy muscle if you know where to look. Mandalorian takes place 5 years after ROTJ, and this is where we see Boba Fett getting his armor back. I suppose that means all the flasbacks from Book of Boba Fett (getting out of the sarlacc, spending time with the Sand People, teaming up with Shand, fighting the Pykes) cover a period of 5 years? Not sure how that is significant, but I thought it interesting since I didn't know it was that long before Boba Fett got his armor back.

P.S. Find other banthas. Make baby banthas. :D

Why does Boba Fett think his armor is in the Sarlacc Pit? Did he forget how he got out? I get that he was out of it when he crawled out and doesn't remember the Jawas stripping him of it. But does he think that the armor slipped off him as he crawled out? Or he took it off when he got out and it fell back in? Not sure what his line of thinking is with that. 

21 minutes ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

Why does Boba Fett think his armor is in the Sarlacc Pit? Did he forget how he got out? I get that he was out of it when he crawled out and doesn't remember the Jawas stripping him of it. But does he think that the armor slipped off him as he crawled out? Or he took it off when he got out and it fell back in? Not sure what his line of thinking is with that. 

Yeah, that was odd I agree. I’d have just have him go back there and shoot the Sarlacc pit up for revenge. 

Something is a bit off isn’t it. I still enjoy being in the Star Wars environment - years of nothing post ROTJ still makes me keen for more. 
But the storyline needs more oomph. The chase was awful last week. And I agree about the little droid in the kitchen. Comedy attempt misfiring. 

The tease of the Mandalorian music gives hope, but we need to get something exciting going on with the plot! 

In the flashback part, the next section of story should be where he will encounter Mando, get his armour back and do all those bits from Mando season 2.

The “present day” stuff with him on the throne is post Mando season 2. Maybe he is recruited either by paying him as was indicated, or as a favour for his help in rescuing Grogu?

So I guess we will get to see them have appearances by characters from other shows take the place of actual good storytelling? I hope not but its certainly a crutch Mando season 2 relied on often.

I was never as big a fan of Mandalorian as most fans were but I still liked the show and looked forward to it. This show I just don't know. Its hard to care at all. 

I hate to say it, but no one wanted a Boba Fett show about an old guy who can grunt through his dialog sitting around and taking meetings. We wanted a show of Fett in his armor, blasting people, using gadgets, kicking ass, and just maybe some Slave One dogfights. That's it. This last episode had the first blaster shoot out. It's freaking Star Wars and we had to wait this long for a blaster fight and some spaceship action.

18 minutes ago, The Choc said:

Basically the Mandalorian is what people would want from a Boba Fett show. 

Only without the decency of Mando. Boba is a villain, and at best you can make him an anti-hero. Not a heroic character, at least not for a whole show. But overall, he’s best as a bit character.

Exactly-- like I said above, the Mandalorian was their fix for realizing they couldn't make a Boba Fett show. Somewhere along the way, it ended up being the justification FOR making a Boba Fett show, and in turn, they realized they'd be beating a dead horse if Boba did like Boba do because Mando already did it.

So they pivoted. And in a not so great way. 

Dead horse but, they should have thrown all their money at Donald Glover to do a Lando mini-series, post ROTJ, with Bucky Barnes as Luke for a couple episodes.

I dunno what people want, but I’ma just assume no one actually wanted The Adventures of Young Indiana Solo and no one wanted The Bobafather 1, 2, or 3.

Same said for The Diary of Cassian Someguy.

Lando and Luke.

Pfffffffft to “but casting whatevs” and crap. Pffffft.

Good day, Sir. I said, good day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.