Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

Yeah DW, I agree.  I am sure that will be part of the "pay off" in which we find out why Boba is trying to take over Jabba's crime organization, but so far, it's not that interesting.   Is he doing for the Tuskens?  If so, that's kind of lame.   I mean if Boba is supposed to be rehabbed as an antihero who has a personal code of honor now, why is he running a crime enterprise?  That's a job for a villain.  In the EU, Boba went on to become a Mandalore or some such, so I get the idea of becoming more than just a bounty hunter or warrior, but I don't understand the motive so far of this show.

I mean it seems to be that it seems to be that in the past narrative Boba went to the Pikes for protection and they said they won;t pay to 2 groups. Boba said hed take care of that gang. By the time he got back to the Tuskens they had been destroyed. So it seems obvious the Pikes alerted that gang to Bobas plans and they preemptively attacked.

In the present Id think Boba is basically looking for revenge upon the Pikes. Which ofcourse would mean he knew the Pikes were the real power the entire time and hes basically been trying to draw them out.

Only issue is the Pikes are villains from a cartoon, no one cares about them and none of them are really individual characters to this point. We have villains from a friggin cartoon and the whole thing is over the fate of the 2nd most iconic settlement on Tatooiune with "Mos" in it's name. 

14 minutes ago, Tank said:

Heart IS motivation, narratively speaking.

Yeah but don’t we need some semblance of a purpose for the heart to properly kick in? It feels like the scenes they are pushing that are falling flat because we don’t know what the stakes are in the first place. 

We’re not even seeing it develop over time. Even in the flashbacks we don’t see a tough anti hero Boba getting softened up by the Tuskens. Just the same as who he is in the present. 

20 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Yeah DW, I agree.  I am sure that will be part of the "pay off" in which we find out why Boba is trying to take over Jabba's crime organization, but so far, it's not that interesting.   Is he doing for the Tuskens?  If so, that's kind of lame.   I mean if Boba is supposed to be rehabbed as an antihero who has a personal code of honor now, why is he running a crime enterprise?  That's a job for a villain.  In the EU, Boba went on to become a Mandalore or some such, so I get the idea of becoming more than just a bounty hunter or warrior, but I don't understand the motive so far of this show.

I think this is a show that would have benefited from being a ‘monster of the week’ style show where we learnt why he wants to take over Jabba’s empire over time, opposed to a serial format where the motivation should be front and centre. 

I think this is a show that would have benefited from being a ‘monster of the week’ style show where we learnt why he wants to take over Jabba’s empire over time, opposed to a serial format where the motivation should be front and centre. 

Make that the bounty of the week, inter-spliced with flashbacks how he survived and changed, and I think that would have been the best way for a Boba series.  I really don't care about biker gangs or crime syndicate politics.

2 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

Yeah but don’t we need some semblance of a purpose for the heart to properly kick in? It feels like the scenes they are pushing that are falling flat because we don’t know what the stakes are in the first place. 

Yes, that’s what I’m saying.

16 hours ago, Zathras said:

Make that the bounty of the week, inter-spliced with flashbacks how he survived and changed, and I think that would have been the best way for a Boba series.  I really don't care about biker gangs or crime syndicate politics.

Fully agree. "Let's make a series about the galaxies most bad ass bounty hunter, but not have him do any actual bounty hunting. We'll turn him into a respectable leader instead". Pfft 

38 minutes ago, Odine said:

Fully agree. "Let's make a series about the galaxies most bad ass bounty hunter, but not have him do any actual bounty hunting. We'll turn him into a respectable leader instead". Pfft 

If it were up to me, I would have followed the model of Dexter. We all knew Dexter was a killer, but he would take out even worse people. Have a big bad of the season, and with each episode have a bounty or 2. 

I'm not going to argue with that, because that WAS the original intent. 

But, since Boba did survive, I'm just saying that he should have remained a bounty hunter.  What they are doing with him now is not what I preferred.  It seems out of character, and so far they are squandering a good vehicle for adventure.  

If they keep going the way they are, I am going to wish Boba did stay dead.  

Problem is, Mando season one covered  the idea of going on bounty hunts and finding a plot along the way.

I like revenge kill list, but that is dark for a leading character in Star Wars.

His appearance in Mando gave us the cool Boba Fett moment we wanted. This show has been the opposite of that. 

Right, they gave us a Boba Fett show already but without Boba Fett because Boba Fett was dead. Now weve had 2 TV shows and from the entire galaxy of possibilities available to them they've chosen to focus both bounty hunters in Mandalorian armor because they are just so cool I guess. I think next is gonna be about Jango Fett who also miraculously survived.

24 minutes ago, Tank said:

Problem is, Mando season one covered  the idea of going on bounty hunts and finding a plot along the way.

I like revenge kill list, but that is dark for a leading character in Star Wars.

His appearance in Mando gave us the cool Boba Fett moment we wanted. This show has been the opposite of that. 

Well, true.  However, I would argue Mando was about a Bounty Hunter getting out of the game. We have Boba, also a Bounty hunter, getting out of the game. That's the problem.  Boba could have worked as a bounty hunter getting back into the game.  It would all come down to writing, and how it was done.   I was one of those rooting for more of a Clint Eastwood/Unforgiven take on Boba.  

I'm hoping the conclusion of this past episode leads into some more 'galactic' chases and fights but with Fett committed to his thug life/enterprise and the budget rumors, it looks like we may have more slow motion vespa chases in our future. 

I always looked at a Fett show like it would basically write itself but this show is the complete opposite of that so far. 

The Unforgiven or Shane path could have totally worked. After Jedi and getting his armor back, he retires. He’s beat up and spent. But then somebody pays him to help take out some worse bad guys, he turns slightly good along the way.

50 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

I'm hoping the conclusion of this past episode leads into some more 'galactic' chases and fights but with Fett committed to his thug life/enterprise and the budget rumors, it looks like we may have more slow motion vespa chases in our future. 

Probably just more visits to the Mayor’s office, some more ‘tributes’, shots in the bacta tank and reflections of Kamino. 

I don’t think we’re getting off the planet in the series either. 

They should have done the whole "getting to know you" portion of the show with the Sarlaac pit instead of the Tuskens. He lives there for a few years, starts a family, leaves for cigarettes and never comes back. And then an aggrieved Sarlaac comes looking for revenge in the final episode.

Watched episode 3: I didn't know Star Wars had any wtf moments left in it... or at least not any it could elicit from me... but that biker gang... and that chase. It's all so sloppy I almost kind of feel bad for Favreau and Rodriguez.

Also, what's the deal with the lack of blasters in this? Why was evil Chewbacca's plan to choke Boba to death when he could just shoot him while he was sleeping? Why didn't the Mortal Kombat ninjas just shoot Boba from the rooftops? Sniper rifles are canon in SW, correct? It just seems like very convoluted attempts at forcing hand to hand combat in a universe where everyone is packing heat.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:59 AM, Lord Darth Hunter said:

So I just read that the answer to our question is in a comic book series called The War of the Bounty Hunters. Apparently in this series Darth Vader goes on one of his killing sprees and wipes out the Grand Hutt Council. (I never knew that's what it was called but there you go.) Vader's massacre resulted in a massive power vacuum not just on Tatooine but everywhere the Hutts operated. This is how Bib Fortuna was able to take control of Jabba's former organization and why it took so long for the Hutt twins to re-enter the fold. 

Honestly I like this explanation. I just hate that once again, it's one of those elements where in order to understand what's going on in a show/film you have to "read the book."

Man, even a quick throwaway line in the show would have helped to clarify that!

On 1/12/2022 at 12:59 AM, Lord Darth Hunter said:

So I just read that the answer to our question is in a comic book series called The War of the Bounty Hunters. Apparently in this series Darth Vader goes on one of his killing sprees and wipes out the Grand Hutt Council.

Were all of them Jedi? icon-scratch.gif

I agree with everyone here.  What I enjoyed most about the Mandalorian is learning about new places, people, ideas, and mysteries.  Honestly, I have already seen most everything in this mini-series before (so far) and what is new is just so painfully generic.  I just feel this was something Disney threw at us to hold us over till Obi-Wan.  

Honestly, I am tired of this whole era.  I wish Disney would tackle a different SW era akin to what Amazon is doing with the new Middle Earth series.  I am not saying to do anything related to KotOR, but the idea of an ancient powerful species ruling the galaxy, like the Rakata, is pretty intriguing.  Just something different...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.