Book of Boba Fett

Darth Krawlie

It was decent. I feel like I had a ho hum reaction to the first episode of Mando too... Like I enjoyed this but I can't wait till there is some momentum.

Reckon it will be a much better watch as a series binge rather than an episode a week.

Has Disney+ released anything new binge style? I definitely prefer that method, but I can't recall a show that they've done that for. They're definitely a little old school even though historically they've done movies rather than TV.

It was ok. It definitely needs to build some momentum, which is why it would've benefitted from a few shows released at once.

That was a krayt dragon, right? It felt a little old claymation style. 

On 12/30/2021 at 7:59 PM, Metropolis said:

It had a Clash of the Titans, Goro  feel to it.

All it was missing was a guy yelling "Perseus!" with the sword throw! :P

So glad we got to see how he escaped the Sarlacc. Looks like it won't be eating anyone else!

The thing that bothers me is that Book of Boba (present) takes place some 5 years after ROTJ.  Now, someone explain how the hell was Bib Fortuna held Jabba's empire together that long, when he was clearly weak minded and just a lackey.  Why didn't Jabba's cousins or other Hutts take over much sooner, and not move until after Boba Fett took over? What is it I am missing? 

3 minutes ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

I thought the same thing. Throughout the prequels and TCW series we heard and saw the Hutts running various parts of their criminal empire. Jabba is killed and Bib Fortuna takes over? 

Clearly they are either ignoring or retconning the TCW.  No mention of Jabba's son or anything.   I am Ok with that, as long as there is a good explanation for Bib taking over.

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

The thing that bothers me is that Book of Boba (present) takes place some 5 years after ROTJ.  Now, someone explain how the hell was Bib Fortuna held Jabba's empire together that long, when he was clearly weak minded and just a lackey.  Why didn't Jabba's cousins or other Hutts take over much sooner, and not move until after Boba Fett took over? What is it I am missing? 

I don’t think you’re missing anything, I think that’s something we are going to find out about in later episodes. 

They’ve kind of alluded to him ‘taking over’ but not successfully. Jabba’s remnants don’t have any respect around town, he was basically left there. He was left to it and why is what we’re gonna find out. 

53 minutes ago, The Choc said:

Man Star Wars really likes the story of an outsider training primitive people to defend themselves against a more advanced enemy, dont they?

This set up is both Western and Samurai 101, it’s as much in the DNA of Star Wars as the hero’s journey.

11 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

Māori‘s are the ultimate bad arses in the world. I’m totally down with them instilling that influence into the Tuskens. 

But $20 says we’ll get a load of fans cosplaying and performing the ‘Tusken tribe dance’. It’ll be cringe. 

Jusy FYI the plural of Maori is Maori. The people are Maori as is is the language as is the individual.

I've not seen the second episode yet, but if they are using Maori culture and the haka as influence for the Tuskens thats cool.

The staffs/clubs they have are very similar in function to a Maori weapon called the Taiaha.

This video explains the weapon and is a sick demonstration:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=buvGKf2nBWs

Although I would say the design of the club/spears the Tuskens have that Boba inherits (I assume) look to have influence from Melonesian or Polynesian people. Looks like something from Papa New Guinea visually or something

13 hours ago, Tank said:

This set up is both Western and Samurai 101, it’s as much in the DNA of Star Wars as the hero’s journey.

I do like these stories, but with Boba Fett?   It doesn't mix.  I guess we don't get any real info about him in the OT or PT, but from what we do see, these episodes don't seem 'in character'.

Also, this show feels less cinematic than Mando did.  It feels like a TV show from a network,  not a streamer, if that makes sense.  

Mando got better so hopefully this will, too.  Still optimistic.  

3 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

I do like these stories, but with Boba Fett?   It doesn't mix.  I guess we don't get any real info about him in the OT or PT, but from what we do see, these episodes don't seem 'in character'.

Also, this show feels less cinematic than Mando did.  It feels like a TV show from a network,  not a streamer, if that makes sense.  

Mando got better so hopefully this will, too.  Still optimistic.  

I like it all so far, but you are right.  Seems more like something Mando would do, not the Boba I knew of growing up.  I always assumed him a straight up evil villain, not a lawful neutral character.  Then again, he had very little screen time, and was just a hired gun for Jabba.   I suspect it's because they want to transition Boba from villain to antihero.   I mean he is still running a criminal enterprise, but with "respect." 

I guess it's in line with Jango in the prequels, but OT Fett (I think it's safe to assume) was a cut-throat, hard-nails, opportunist... and mostly a lackey.

I know a lot of people wanted him to be The Man With No Name, but I never really got that. I never pictured Fett as having any sentimentality, code of honor, or having a heart under a gruff exterior. He would have Anakin'ed the sand people and split... especially when Star Wars '77 set them up as disposable set-dressing. I think they're leaning just a liiiiittle too hard into the Westerns influence with this. Whatever.

Also, it's always weird to me watching the concept art in the end credits of this and Mando. They look so much more interesting and Star Wars-y. Not sure why other than maybe the shows having generally flat lighting, or the visual quality being too crisp. I understand there are budget and time restraints but all it makes me think is that I wanna see THAT show.

I seem to remember that the reason we got a Mando show in the first place is that Disney didn't want a show about Boba because he WAS a villain.   Now, it seems they decided Boba is going to be a hero or antihero.  I suppose the in story explanation could be that Boba had an epiphany with his near death experience in the Sarlacc and stay with the Tuskens, and decided he doesn't want to be a bounty hunter anymore and do something more productive (maybe even heroic).  At least that is how it seems to me. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.