Halloween Kills

This was like...one of the dumbest horror movies I've ever sat through. I'm used to people being dumb in movies but when they were all piling on MM, I kept thinking "Did no one bring any power tools or even a saw?!" Not even remotely scary, either. Just plain ugh all the way through.

• 10 months later...

OMG, so HE was really bad. Like, really bad. I guess I won't give spoilers but I guess they were going for some kind of legacy thing here? I just don't know. And LOL at the marching band bullies beating up this dude in his 20s.

I could not get past the marching band being the bullies to a grown ass man hahahah.

This was trying to be three different movies, and I feel like any one of them I would have liked, but as a whole— especially as a capper to a series, it was just a mess.

Halloween 2018 and Halloween Kills brought back many familiar characters (Tommy, Lyndsey, Lonnie Elam, etc.) and also introduced interesting new ones, such as Officer Hawkins, and blended them together by creating compelling backstories for them, such as Hawkins as a rookie cop encountering Michael the night of 1978 and killing his partner in the process. This led to Hawkins saying he had to be the one to kill Michael because he had saved him that same night when Loomis was about to put a bullet in his head.

But then Halloween Ends sidelined everybody just to make a movie about a completely new character. The whole movie is just about Corey and his arc. It’s like the other two films never happened. 

Exactly!

When I say three movies, I mean—

A. The story of a town that’s had to contend with the evil of Michael Myers.

B. The story of how Laurie was effected by surviving Michael and what became of her.

C. The story of Corey and his experiences making him the person to inherit Michael’s legacy.

H2018 gave us a bit of A, but focused on B. Kills suddenly becomes A and all but sidelines B with Laurie in the hospital the whole time. Ends gives us snippets of A and B but suddenly focuses mostly on C.

Any one of these would have been an interesting movie, bur to choose C at the end… I feel like of C had been the first movie, with A and B as runners, then A takes the focus in the middle movie, with C winding down and B building steam, then Laurie become the prime focus for the final movie, it would have made more sense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.