The "Little Victories" of the day thread

Hobbes

So it was either a false positive or a very early miscarriage. But we’re going to try, which in itself means lots of little victories that I’ll not be telling you all about.

False positives aren't really all that common. Not nearly as common as false negatives anyway. So probably early miscarriage. Early miscarriages can easily be mistaken for heavier periods. 

TMI time! I have early miscarriages maybe 2-3 times a year most years. I have a bicornate (heart-shaped) uterus that doesn't allow for implantation of fertilized eggs easily. So every few months or so I get an egg fertilized that doesn't implant completely or correctly and then gets washed out like a slightly heavier and more crampy period. It typically happens too early for me to even know that I was pregnant, if you even want to consider that a "pregnancy". Also, don't tell the state of Texas or someone might sue me for $10,000. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Soo...my couch for my office that has been on back order since this summer came AND my school went from worst to first in the district in math AND we had triple the district growth for students on IEPs (based on MOY iReady)!!!  Boom!!!

So because of Omnicron and the holidays my school decided to post pone school returning by a week. It's been a blessing. (Another richer school district next to us had over 1200 teachers call out sick the first day back this Monday). I say blessing because the port in Tina's arm that they do dialysis in had become infected and they had to cut some scabbed skins away and close it up and we had the emergence surgery yesterday. I was fearing that they'd have to put a catheter in her neck to do dialysis and that means no cats because it can't get hair or dirt in it. They didn't have to do the catheter! The surgeon was awesome and able to cut the skins away and sew it up to heal without causing the catheter to be put in. Now I want to sleep forever before school starts next week.

1 hour ago, Zathras said:

I paid off my credit card!  Officially debt free now!

This is the “little victories” thread, not major!

But seriously that’s awesome.

Debt free is awesome. It's also so weird. The first time I was debt free I was listening to every little sound my car engine made because I was paranoid my life KNEW things were going right and things had to do something to buck that trend! LOL. Then a couple of months later the electricity issues happened in the house but I had awesome enough credit I could finance that to fix it. Hoping to finally be debt free on that at the end of this year.

• 5 weeks later...

Progressive wanted to increase the cost of our auto insurance from $101 to $155 per month. Instead I did some shopping and found better coverage for $89 a month. That’s my victory. It’s just a little one.

3 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Progressive wanted to increase the cost of our auto insurance from $101 to $155 per month. Instead I did some shopping and found better coverage for $89 a month. That’s my victory. It’s just a little one.

Who's your new coverage with?

My little victory is I was grocery shopping and looking for fudge dipped granola bars but they were out.  What they did have is coconut fudge dipped granola bars.  I'll now be looking for these every time I go.  

11 hours ago, Jedigoat said:

Who's your new coverage with?

My little victory is I was grocery shopping and looking for fudge dipped granola bars but they were out.  What they did have is coconut fudge dipped granola bars.  I'll now be looking for these every time I go.  

The new company is Elephant. They’re not a huge name, but they’re pretty good. Honestly, the only companies I would avoid (that sell in Ohio) are DairyLand and anything owned by Allstate.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m getting a new cell phone tomorrow. An actual brand new phone. First time that’s happened since my very first smart phone. I’ve gotten my mom’s used phones in the past, and I got her used phone when she died, but I wanted to upgrade to a 5G phone while I have two phones to sell/trade-in. Spectrum offered extra money on the trade-in, so Im spending around $40 out of pocket to get an iPhone 13, which will last me for years. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2022 at 4:02 PM, Fozzie said:

I’m getting a new cell phone tomorrow. An actual brand new phone. First time that’s happened since my very first smart phone. I’ve gotten my mom’s used phones in the past, and I got her used phone when she died, but I wanted to upgrade to a 5G phone while I have two phones to sell/trade-in. Spectrum offered extra money on the trade-in, so Im spending around $40 out of pocket to get an iPhone 13, which will last me for years. 

I just got a 13. Share user tips with me?

• 2 weeks later...

I am about to tell you a very Texan story. 

my neighbor shot a guy beating on his door with a crowbar. Because the gun was a 22 and he shot through a set of blinds and a glass window the crowbar guy was only partially injured. And all of this was over some stupid girl. 

I think this is a little victory. All the dudes involved learned a lesson. Yay. 

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.