The "Little Victories" of the day thread

Hobbes

53 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Brett Kavanaugh has COVID. Definitely a victory.

He's vaccinated and powerful. At most it'll be a temporary inconvenience if he decides to quarantine and drink beer all day.

2 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

My son earned 100% on his tally sheet today for possible points. Im so proud of him.

This sounds like a major victory to me!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, Fozzie said:

We talked about horror films in my team huddle today. I'm now a celebrity for knowing Seth.

A few years ago I was on a jury and of course we couldn’t talk about the case when sitting everyday in the jury room. A twenty something was talking about horror movies because it was Oct/Nov time, so I dropped that I knew the writer of Leatherface… and I think maybe Hell Fest was out or in production too. I had to laugh when the “kid” started displaying really strong opinions about the downfall of the horror genre and art etc. I was happy tho that I hadn’t mentioned Nightly, I was thinking this kid might be one of our trolls.

2 hours ago, zambingo said:

This could be posted here or in the Ugh thread… Halloween costumes are crazy expensive. I just dropped three hundred dollars on costumes for my three at home kids, they are happy tho. So I got that going for me.

My boys are going as Mario and Luigi.  The Yoshi costume is cheap and in stock, but I want to be Bowser...which will set me back over a $100.  Ugh.  I am going to end up being Yoshi. 

On 10/15/2021 at 6:56 PM, Cerina said:

OMG  YAY!! 

For new babies, not Oregon. 

Well I guess Oregon too. 

I’m a little nervous about having 4 kids in our house, and I don’t think we’re in a position to get a bigger house unless we’re willing to move farther away, which wouldn’t be bad in terms of work, since I’m permanently remote, but we’ve really settled into the area. We’re settled in a church and school that are just a few blocks away, so moving would have to be in the neighborhood to really meet our needs. And short of winning the lottery, we’re not getting there. We could probably finish some work on our house and sell for $300k or more, which is more than double what we owe on our mortgage, but we’d have to take on at least $100k in additional debt. On a single income of a claims adjuster. Not gonna happen.

But, on the plus side, I just found out that I’ll get 12 weeks off when the baby is born. It’s good to work for a company run by a gay man who has kids, because every other place I’ve worked has given significantly more paid leave to mothers.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, zambingo said:

A few years ago I was on a jury and of course we couldn’t talk about the case when sitting everyday in the jury room. A twenty something was talking about horror movies because it was Oct/Nov time, so I dropped that I knew the writer of Leatherface… and I think maybe Hell Fest was out or in production too. I had to laugh when the “kid” started displaying really strong opinions about the downfall of the horror genre and art etc. I was happy tho that I hadn’t mentioned Nightly, I was thinking this kid might be one of our trolls.

Young people are horrible. Which is why we should nuke the archives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.