When did you join Nightly?

Sheep Murderer

I first joined in July or August 1999, as an 18 year old straight out of high school. Lost that account and joined again in October 1999. Now I’m 41 and fortunately mostly kept out of Lando, so there isn’t as much terrible stuff from me.

Joined on 15 March 2006, but had been visiting nightly since before the release of ROTS without an account.  Didn't post much.  I had another account I posted mostly with from 2009 to a couple years ago.  I closed that account, then pulled this account from mothball.  

Joined originally in March of 2000. A friend of mine in high school, Jedi Master Bryce, introduced me to the website. I came only for the videogames forum at the time. It was a fun time waster in our computer classes. It was nothing but arguments regarding if the N64 or PSX was better. Looking back on it now, YIKES. Gave no fucks about Star Wars at that time, had never watched a Star Wars movie in my life.

In August of 2001, I was a whopping 37 years old, so I was probably older than almost anyone here. But I was a Star Wars fan, had finally got a computer, and was looking for a message board where I could talk to other fans. Nightly was the first one I found. Tried a couple of others, but they didn't have the friendliness and fun of this place. I'm 57 now. Those 20 years have flown by, and all the people who were kids back then have kids of their own. I wonder if Nightly will be around long enough for THEM to join.

Let's see. 2005. Smack dab in the middle between the Attack and the Revenge. I was Star Wars surfing the net and was pretty new to the larger internet. I had only been a member to one other online forum before Nightly and I was curious, although for a long time I stayed only within the Star Wars threads in Nightly. I was 22, had gotten out of the military the year previous, was working in a second-hand bookshop and trying to earn enough money to move out of my parent's house which I did next year. Currently 38, unemployed since January and living at my dad's place (mom passed away few years ago after long stint of health problems from kidneys to bloodpressure to heart condition) because my upstairs neighbour took a nap in their shower causing water damage to their own place and mine and there are no available apartments because of an uptick in construction (people from torn down buildings needing apartments and those new buildings being few years from being finished having apartments available). Sigh. Nostalgia.

16 hours ago, Chalcedony said:

Those 20 years have flown by, and all the people who were kids back then have kids of their own. I wonder if Nightly will be around long enough for THEM to join.

Remember Richcelt and Angylkat? Remember when Angylkat was pregnant? Not that long ago, right? Their daughter started college in September. She’s as old now as most of us were when we joined.

Silky and ES’s daughter was the same age, IIRC.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.