The UGH! of the day thread

Zathras

6 hours ago, Iceheart said:

Remember Master Ami-Jinn? Remember I lived with her in college? Remember she was the worst roommate?

I just discovered that a guy who Facebook friended me randomly from a local group is married to her. I was doing so well never thinking of her again…

I don’t remember any of that, but I’m sorry to hear it’s bad for you.

I have horrible dental anxiety, and it’s made going to the dentist difficult. Especially hard to schedule, and even worse to reschedule. So I didn’t go to the dentist for a REALLY long time. Like 10 years without a regular dentist, and then some stuff happened and I had to cancel on my last regular dentist and then suddenly it’s been 4 years. So my dental health was surprisingly good considering, but my gums were in the early stages of having problems, and I had two cavities. So I had to get fillings and do a deep cleaning, and it had to be split between two days because of insurance stupidity. Last Thursday afternoon they did half of my mouth and one cavity, today they did the other half and the other cavity. And it’s been extremely painful.

And on the weird side, the hygienist was really cool and was about my age, but definitely made a point of shoving her breasts into my face. And not incidentally, she actually made a comment to get used to the fact that we would be in each other’s personal space and then shoved her tits in my face. She was being funny, but it was super weird and I basically just kept my eyes closed the whole time so I wasn’t just staring at them. 

EVERY traffic report I did today was wrong. EVERY. TIME. I did a report on a backup that had no apparent cause, we'd get the info on the accident that caused it. Once a report is sent, I can't fix it or recall it. Then listeners have to wait another 20-30 minutes to hear the update. Today's timing was hilariously off for every report. People in the Puget Sound area are cursing my name today and I want to eat worms.

I was brushing my teeth for bed last night and I hear a crash and "Oh GOD!" come from the kitchen. The refrigerator door fell off the fridge as Tina was reaching in to get iced tea. Like literally. I am functioning on 2 hours of sleep because today is dialysis day so I was up at 4 AM.

Tina and I both of dental anxiety and the way the run those offices makes dental anxiety worse. Like if you schedule an extraction at 9 AM at least have the decency to schedule the tech/dental assistant who is going to show up to do it. 

It has been leaf blower season next door for about six weeks now. Last weekend they courteously blew the leaves off our driveway ... and left them piled in our yard. Today they started blowing the leaves around and around their yard (and yes, both of them are outside with the big ol' airplane engine TornadoEF5 model blowers they need for their postage-stamp-sized yard) at 8:00 am and they're still going strong at 9:40. Also neighborlady pauses to yell instructions at neighborman who's happily puffing away like The Big Bad Wolf hopped up on meth and steroids. She has a voice that sounds like a wasp trapped in a soda bottle, only loud. 

My only joy in this situation is imagining them sitting around their house late at night, bathed in the soft glow of the latest Leaf Blowing Documentary on Netflix, bitching about the fact that their slatternly neighbors only blow leaves maybe three times a year.  

Edit: oh sweet loving God of Suburban Lawn Care, she just fired up their Behemoth Lawn Tractor and is currently start-stop-start-stop roaring around their front lawn. 

7 hours ago, RUAJedi2 said:

It has been leaf blower season next door for about six weeks now. Last weekend they courteously blew the leaves off our driveway ... and left them piled in our yard. Today they started blowing the leaves around and around their yard (and yes, both of them are outside with the big ol' airplane engine TornadoEF5 model blowers they need for their postage-stamp-sized yard) at 8:00 am and they're still going strong at 9:40. Also neighborlady pauses to yell instructions at neighborman who's happily puffing away like The Big Bad Wolf hopped up on meth and steroids. She has a voice that sounds like a wasp trapped in a soda bottle, only loud. 

My only joy in this situation is imagining them sitting around their house late at night, bathed in the soft glow of the latest Leaf Blowing Documentary on Netflix, bitching about the fact that their slatternly neighbors only blow leaves maybe three times a year.  

Edit: oh sweet loving God of Suburban Lawn Care, she just fired up their Behemoth Lawn Tractor and is currently start-stop-start-stop roaring around their front lawn. 

When the farmers downsize. LOL Sorry for this issue but you wrote it up great! I can imagine it ALL

It hurt some throughout the day yesterday, but now is mostly okay.  I have to keep a band-aid on it, though, because a piece of the nail that got torn keeps wanting to stick up a little bit and gets caught on things if I'm not super careful.  When it catches things, then it hurts suddenly.  The band-aid is annoying, but at least stops that.

On 9/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, Fozzie said:

I hear ya. I've had facial hair for most of my adult life. Starting at 17. Being clean shaven is like being a different person.

Hopefully it grows back quick.

This is still the worst thing that has ever happened. Have you recovered?

On 9/30/2021 at 2:38 PM, Cerina said:

My car (the "new" one) broke today. I was driving and it and it slipped out of gear and now won't shift at all. FML. 

Did the warranty cover it?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.