The UGH! of the day thread

Zathras

23 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Eli slept maybe 7 hours last night, because he never sleeps when Katie and I have something planned. Even when he doesn't know about it.

Today's our anniversary. No celebrating for us today.

My brain does not handle plans changing at the last minute. It gets set in stone in my head and it's incredibly hard for me to adjust. And it happens so fucking often with this boy. You'd think it'd get easier with how often it happens, but it hasn't yet.

Is that typo? 7 hours sounds lovely! 

23 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

Eli slept maybe 7 hours last night, because he never sleeps when Katie and I have something planned. Even when he doesn't know about it.

Today's our anniversary. No celebrating for us today.

My brain does not handle plans changing at the last minute. It gets set in stone in my head and it's incredibly hard for me to adjust. And it happens so fucking often with this boy. You'd think it'd get easier with how often it happens, but it hasn't yet.

Is that typo? 7 hours sounds lovely! 

Yeah, 7 hours is definitely not enough, but it's a battle we frequently fight here with Louis. 

One time we thought he was definitely down because his light had been out for like two hours, and then he walked in on us in the bedroom. Fortunately we were covered and he had no clue what he had done, but that was rough.

13 minutes ago, Odine said:

Oh you meant from the impact to him, not the impact to you. Ok 

Yeah. Although the struggle is that 7 hours for him means way less than 7 hours for parents. Because you gotta make sure he's asleep. And, in my case, put him back to bed a million times, which means that all the stuff I need to get done can't REALLY start until he's in bed for good.

It has been one of those mornings.  I couldn’t get to sleep until late last night, so was slow-moving this morning.  I got to class a bit late, realized the stylus that I need to teach from my drawing tablet was missing, and the online streaming system I use wasn’t letting me in.  I had to do a shortened lecture for the students in the room and need to redo the lecture to record in the online system later on once it is working.

At least I found the stylus in my other classroom right after I finished.  So there’s that.

I got sick on Friday. Cough so severe I piss myself every time I cough, which is with every other breath - but I haven't had a single productive cough yet. Inhaling is fine, but exhaling is difficult and comes with a gurgle. It's hard to talk. Low grade fever, headache, the cough is so bad the muscles in my back, chest and stomach feel like they've been torn up.

Covid test? Had it done Saturday, still waiting on the results.

Doctor? No time for me. Nurse sent me to Urgent Care.

Urgent Care? Now by appointment only. Found that out after driving all the way out there. I'm too fucking miserable to make the trek again.

I'm just letting fate decide at this point.

The flu can be serious as well. It's a potentially deadly disease that can have serious complications. A couple of years ago, I had a bad flu that turned into pneumonia and I was in the hospital for several days with it.

Had our old house professionally cleaned yesterday. Came back to find all of our personal cleaning supplies wiped out. She even took the RainX we had stored there. I had said if she ran out of something she could use ours but we were keeping them there in case someone at a showing left the place a mess (our neighbors had a horror story about a backed up toilet and TP everywhere). She made off with Lysol wipes, a full box of Magic Erasers, the RainX, and a few other items. What the heck, lady. Our realtor thinks she misunderstood and thought she meant completely clean out under the sinks and drawers, but I think she actually took it for herself.

1 hour ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Our realtor thinks she misunderstood and thought she meant completely clean out under the sinks and drawers, but I think she actually took it for herself.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

5 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Realtor asked her what happened, she says it's in a garbage bag near the front of the garage. She also said she used some of the Magic Erasers because what she had "wasn't cutting it". If you're a professional cleaner I would think you have some better products than Magic Erasers.

Magic erasers are the GOAT cleaning product—especially the heavy duty ones.

LALALALALAAAAAH LOOOOOHLAAAAAAAH.

In Ugh news, I have a Special Needs Trust Fund set up for my sister in my name where I can purchase things she needs but they only issued me checks to access it - no debit card. So when we're say buying a new phone at Walmart because she smashed the other one to smithereens and it doesn't work and she watches a T1.3 of data in three days so we need to purchase another load of data I have to put that stuff on my debit card and pay myself out of the trust. WHO THE HELL TAKES CHECKS ANY MORE? So sayeth the person who helps people order checks M - F from 4:30 to close after my other full time job. GOD DAMN IT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.