Am I the only one who can't get into post-Endgame MCU?

Zathras

So I just wanted to know if I am the only one around here who can't seem to start watching post-Endgame MCU?  I don't have anything against it mind you, but I just felt so exhausted by the time Endgame was done and I felt it was a 20+ movie story that told its story.  It seemed like a beginning, middle and an end.  I have not seen the spidey movies mainly because well, MCU spidey to me works best as a supporting hero. I may see BW one of these days soon, but I skipped Wandavision because it didn't seem interesting to me.  I never heard of Shang Chi until the movie. DR Strange with cumberbatch just seems like Tony Stark Lite, and I am indifferent to Cumberbatch as an actor. Overall it just seems the post-Endgame is the B Team, and it is really hard to top the avengers movies. Am I really missing out? Am I just a grumpy old man? I dunno.  Please discuss. 

I’m still into it I guess and watching/enjoying the new content but I can sort of relate to where you’re coming from, so don’t think it makes you a grumpy old man.

Endgame was the peak of the MCU, and I think now the saturation has settled in (even with a year break). A common complaint is that each of the movies feel like a long trailer for the next one and I’ve really felt that with the recent shows, even if I’ve enjoyed them.

5 minutes ago, Dark Wader said:

I’m still into it I guess and watching/enjoying the new content but I can sort of relate to where you’re coming from, so don’t think it makes you a grumpy old man.

Endgame was the peak of the MCU, and I think now the saturation has settled in (even with a year break). A common complaint is that each of the movies feel like a long trailer for the next one and I’ve really felt that with the recent shows, even if I’ve enjoyed them.

3 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

The Disney+ stuff has been top notch. I’m excited for Spider-Man 3 and Dr Strange, but the latter is as a sequel to Wandavision.

Well, I suppose I should say that I am looking forward to the Spiderman 3 film, since it might actually tie the previous Sony Spidey incarnations together with the MCU. But outside that, so far I haven't been pumped for post Endgame MCU the same way I was, especially in the beginning.   Maybe it is mostly the saturation and the high water mark the Avengers movies set.  THe other thing I see is there is no character filling the big bad vacuum of Thanos.  Like, they could bring in the Beyonder so easily.   

I definitely seem to be lacking in any excitement for new stuff-- I'm kinda just MEH about it. That said, I still watch it, and as evidenced by my posts. I tend to still really enjoy everything they do.

Marvels and Thor 4 have my interest piqued. And Spider-Man.

It’s funny, because I haven’t seen a Spider-Man movie in the theater since Spider-Man 3 was the second movie in a double feature at the drive-in. So I have watched the last 4 movies at home, but it’s one of the two MCU movies I’m most likely to see in the theater. Doctor Strange 2 probably edges it out, if I had to pick one, because my wife loved Wandavision and is excited to see the next chapter, and that’s the most she’s ever cared about the MCU.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.