Other companies

Darth Krawlie

Do you ever watch anything besides WWE or AEW? I guess I'm mostly just talking to Met here, we're the only ones in this forum for the most part, but I'd love to hear from anyone else if they're around.

I'm trying to branch out a lot more than I have been. My kids are a little less needy at this point so I have a bit more free time to watch things I want. On YouTube I watched MLW Battle Riot from July, and while at times goofy as shit and the tiny ring was annoying, I really enjoyed their version of the Royal Rumble. Someday Alexander Hammerstone is gonna jump to one of the bit promotions and can really be a big star.

I haven't watched anything New Japan in a couple years, but I want to. I'm hoping to watch some of the G1 this year. I'm definitely interested. Their new IWGP World Championship has had some bad luck with injuries, but I like that they're putting it on talent that haven't been the top star before instead of defaulting back to the Okada/Tanahashi/Naito triumvirate.

Haven't gotten back into Impact yet, but I'll get there. I'm a huge Jordynne Grace fan, and Christian being champ is exciting. I'll get there.

ROH? I dunno. Following Grace has me interested in Jonathan Gresham (among others) but I just haven't turned on anything more than a few clips.

So come on. Give me some wrestling goodness. Last week I was super down after all the NXT change news coming out, but I'm more optimistic now. I wanna see good shit and I'm super super SUPER not interested in tribalism or console wars over companies. I just wanna watch good wrestling. It's everywhere, in every company. Give me some.

I've tried watching other companies. The one I enjoyed most was NWA Powerrr. I mean who knew Billy Corgan was such a huge wrestling fan? I love the classic studio wrestling show. Before i watched WWF on a regular basis, i regularly watched NWA. The pandemic hit and they were completely shut down. I haven't gone back yet. 

ROH and Imoact i haven't really given more than a glance. New Japan I've tried watching, but it's tough to get into. It's just so different. Strong style can be tough to watch. You truly think the guys are actually going to hurt each other. And usually they do. The junior heavyweights can be fun to watch. Some of them choreography their moves too much. With there being very little ringside space i cringe everytime they do some suicide drive or of the top rope move to to the floor. I think they also cancelled the usa version of the show so i have to go looking for it. 

The thing that stops me from watching other shows is his much i watch now. Raw 3 hours, NXT, 2 hours, Dynamite 2 hours, SmackDown 2 hours. That's mine goes of wrestling a week! I haven't even caught an episode of Rampage just yet. Now that we're coming back into television shows starting back up and football season. I can't spend that much time watching TV. 

• 4 weeks later...

Taking my kids to Legoland this weekend, but Saturday night is MLW Fightland, and it looks like a pretty strong card.

I highly recommend checking out Alexander Hammerstone on Youtube if you have some spare time. He's not the greatest worker in the world but he has some serious main event presence.

Fourway match looks fun. Tajiri can still go, not like 20 years ago but better than you'd think, and the other guys are pretty very indie lucha tastic, so it'll be high spot nonsense fun.

Every single person in the tournament is very good. I'm not sure if the entire tournament is happening on the show ala the old King of the Ring shows though--I've read conflicting thing and I don't watch Fusion, it's hard enough for me to see Dynamite every week.

Anyway, if you get Vice TV, it'll be on at 10 eastern. I'd recommend checking it out if you want to see a different wrestling company.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So yeah Hard to Kill was good though I missed the main event and half of the world title match putting the kids to bed. I recommend checking out Josh Alexander if you haven't seen him, his match with Jonah (the former Bronson Reed, who I was never high on in NXT) was way better than I expected it to be.

Speaking of which, Alexander and Gresham are main eventing this show on Sunday, which looks awesome. I can't say I know everyone on the card, but between that match, Grace/Hogan, Lethal/Moriarty, Bandido/Black, and Bennett/Moose, I'd say it's a can't miss indie show.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know how I'll have time. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I've got yard work until Stand and Deliver. Then there's a break between that and night one. I work Sunday night so I'll have to catch the replay of night two. It's okay of why i don't watch Dynamite anymore. There's SO MUCH wrestling in a week now.

Watched a ton of wrestling this week and still not enough. My favorite matches of the weekend:

Briscoes vs FTR (best match of the weekend)
Biff Busick vs Jon Moxley
X-Pac vs Joey Janela
Josh Barnett vs Jonah
Swerve Strickland vs Alex Zayne
Jonathan Gresham vs Bandido
Chris Sabin vs Jay White
NXT North American Title ladder match
Dolph Ziggler vs Bron Breakker

• 4 months later...

In some shenanigans that turned the finals into a triple threat, Cardona pinned Fatu to beat him and Alexander to win the tournament.

Match of the show was Fatu vs Maclin in the first round. I know he's working in MLW--I don't know his contract situation, but man, he'd be one hell of an addition to the Bloodline if he were to jump to WWE and join his family. Maclin, formerly Steve Cutler of the Forgotten Sons, has dramatically improved since leaving WWE. With the right presentation he could be a strong mid to upper level heel somewhere. And Josh Alexander, Impact Wrestling Champion, puts on a great match every time he's out there. Looking forward to him vs Eddie Edwards at Bound for Glory.

• 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.