Ida!

Ms. Spam

I am mostly posting this as documentation so a few years later if we're still around you can gauge world/US events based on the crap we posted here.

It's got more wind that Katrina did but I realized something about the US. We worked on building up the canals and dams and such to strengthen them but working on the power grid? OMG why would the US do that? We really have hit our zenith and are on our way down if it will be weeks before New Orleans gets power back. Look what happened to Texas when we had a weeks worth of snow and ice and freezing temps. We definitely are poorly run and prioritize the wrong things as Americans.

Hopefully when they do the repairs for all the infrastructure and rebuild the power grids they do it WAY better than before. This is why I can't live in LA to FL states. A remember Hurricane Andrew and how people went to help back then in Florida and how they had no electricity for days. Those states when it's humid and hot and you live in them and have no electricity? Plus guns? HA! San Antonio maybe hot but at least we sometimes get a dry heat. Now they're telling those people no power until maybe September 29 and it's 100% humidity without electricity? I'm outta there.

I wonder if there will be or should be an engineering and architectural movement to build stilt buildings and things of that adaptive nature again. No more basement apartments, etc. I mean, just because all these “normal” buildings exist now shouldn’t mean humanity needs to stick to that building type. Let’s evolve, am I rite. It certainly seems like humanity, cultures, used to adapt to their environment. Feels like we’re dumb now.

Oh if I lived on the Gulf Coast I would absolutely do a stilted house. There are actually a few houses out here in a river valley that have the foundation rising out of the ground and I think they must use it as storage or a garage. I mean sure park your car in there and gtfo when you evacuate. Or just store things you don't care about there. No one has a basement in western Washington because of the water table.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.