Spider-Man: No Way Home

Spider-Man

2 hours ago, Zathras said:

I wonder if Dr. Strange 2 will introduce the X-men and Deadpool into the multiverse.

I’m not going to say I’ve read the script because of a pitch I was involved with, but while some people do show up, and some rules are established to make it possible— no X-folk are involved.

5 hours ago, Tank said:

I’m not going to say I’ve read the script because of a pitch I was involved with, but while some people do show up, and some rules are established to make it possible— no X-folk are involved.

At least until they decide to retcon it in the future.

On 1/1/2022 at 12:33 PM, Tank said:

1. In most of their cases the things that gave them their abilities also fractured their psyche. Peter was fixing whatever was wrong  that caused that.

2. Doc said Osborne was dead because in the Raimi films that was true. So either time was also a factor, or, more likely, as a catchall fix you could say Maguire and Toby were alters froM adjacent universes to the ones we saw in their respective movies. Or yes, their universes are changed— which doesn’t matter cause we’re not likely to revisit them anyway. 

Yessir

Weird thing about that is Sandman said Osborne getting killed by his own glider was all over the news...except it wasn't! Peter brought Norman's costume-less body back to his house after and Harry didn't even know he was Goblin until the end of the second one. o_O

• 2 months later...

I watched it tonight. I thought it was neat, really cool to see and hear the characters interact with each other. Actually I could just watch a film of them chatting, like I dunno an episode of Seinfeld. 

That said, I think I made a mistake not seeing the film sooner. I wasn’t spoiled, but I think I thought about what they might be doing with it too much and so it was more like I had already seen it if that makes sense. It felt like a second or third viewing. lol Starting to wish Doc Strange could make me forget how these stories work so I can experience it like my youngest kids.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, Tank said:

Welp... reshoots have made me a liar... OR HAVE THEY

11 hours ago, Spider-Man said:

Actually I could just watch a film of them chatting, like I dunno an episode of Seinfeld. 

Same here.  When they were chatting at the statue of Liberty, I was actually a little disappointed when the villans showed up and I knew other stuff had to happen.

I actually just watched Amazing Spider-Man 2 for the first time the other night, and now I'm a little confused.  Electro never discovered Peter's secret, so why was he pulled into the MCU?  By all indications, he died at the end of Amazing Spider-Man 2, so there was no chance of him having found out later on in his timeline.  It doesn't make sense.  

4 minutes ago, Quetzalcoatl said:

Same here.  When they were chatting at the statue of Liberty, I was actually a little disappointed when the villans showed up and I knew other stuff had to happen.

I actually just watched Amazing Spider-Man 2 for the first time the other night, and now I'm a little confused.  Electro never discovered Peter's secret, so why was he pulled into the MCU?  By all indications, he died at the end of Amazing Spider-Man 2, so there was no chance of him having found out later on in his timeline.  It doesn't make sense.  

I think the easiest way to consider it is that this is from a different universe that is very similar to the Amazing Spider-Man universe. Everyone looks the same and has had a lot of the same experiences, but not exactly.

2 hours ago, Quetzalcoatl said:

Also, Ock and Sandman wouldn't have known Osborne was GG! Peter removed his costume and brought his body back to his home. Even his son Harry didn't find out until the end of the second movie.

Umm. Guys. Really?

It is implied that Peter missing up the spell had untold side effects, including sending his identity out into the cosmos rather than the intended effect of minimizing who knew. Further the spell brought people effected by that spell to the spell’s location. Lastly the character’s have obvious confusion over their own fate, several literally explaining their last memory is seemingly right before death. They also have knowledge of things through news media which they literally say talked about the other events of their universe, implying the media there did a good investigative report or even the police as well.

There isn’t a plot hole in how they knew what.

16 hours ago, Spider-Man said:

Umm. Guys. Really?

It is implied that Peter missing up the spell had untold side effects, including sending his identity out into the cosmos rather than the intended effect of minimizing who knew. Further the spell brought people effected by that spell to the spell’s location. Lastly the character’s have obvious confusion over their own fate, several literally explaining their last memory is seemingly right before death. They also have knowledge of things through news media which they literally say talked about the other events of their universe, implying the media there did a good investigative report or even the police as well.

There isn’t a plot hole in how they knew what.

I still say mine was a plot hole! I feel like the screenwriters forgot that no one knew Osborne was ever GG.

They didn’t forget, they had the job of writing a story about the current Spider-Man, and while he could meet the other two, they didn’t have time to recap, pay off, and explain everything from the older movies on top of everything else.

The anti-rules of the multiverse mean anything it’s possible. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.