Spider-Man: No Way Home

Spider-Man

What a fun movie. Loved the screen time Tobey and Andrew got. They hit their roles out of the park. I liked the jokes between the 3 Spider-Man’s. I always thought Andrew was a great Spider-Man, I can’t remember if it was him that got the bad wrap or the 2 movies themselves, but I enjoyed the movies too. 

I do not want this to be the end of Tobey and Andrew in the MCU. It looks like the multiverse is about to be thrown wide open.

12 hours ago, David said:

What a fun movie. Loved the screen time Tobey and Andrew got. They hit their roles out of the park. I liked the jokes between the 3 Spider-Man’s. I always thought Andrew was a great Spider-Man, I can’t remember if it was him that got the bad wrap or the 2 movies themselves, but I enjoyed the movies too. 

I do not want this to be the end of Tobey and Andrew in the MCU. It looks like the multiverse is about to be thrown wide open.

Well so much for me dodging spoilers when the main page gives snippets.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:03 PM, Tank said:

As I lamented during Loki, the multiverse makes for your alters not necessarily even being the same species as you. Again-- Into The Spiderverse actually made this work.

40 minutes ago, Tank said:

Well so much for me dodging spoilers when the main page gives snippets.

I mean….are they really spoilers if you already knew? You quoted Krawlie back in August when he was talking about Tobey and Andrew being in the movie. 

I only ever view this site on mobile and it’s only every displayed the original post to the starting thread.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:38 AM, David said:

I mean….are they really spoilers if you already knew? You quoted Krawlie back in August when he was talking about Tobey and Andrew being in the movie. 

I only ever view this site on mobile and it’s only every displayed the original post to the starting thread.

I had forgotten. You don’t have to double down, just apologize and use spoiler tags!

Saw it today, the first half didn’t sit right with me, something Tonally was off. It didn’t feel like a MCU movie to me, it felt like a Sony movie. That was exacerbated when the villains started showing up.

I am one of the only people that disliked the Raimi Slider-Man movies. I thought they were so hokey, and having those villains come in and play it straight didn’t help.

Had that been it, and Peter 2 and 3 just been cameos at the end I would’ve hated it— but tbh, the interaction between the Peters was so great it totally saved it for me and by the end I was loving it. 

Not reading these comments since I'm not seeing it until tomorrow but yesterday I was at a cousin's and they were watching a cam version of it. I didn't watch but one appearance was spoiled for me, darnit! The brick catching scene for those who have.

A couple of random thoughts: I hope Ned becomes a wizard. I’m glad they didn’t make Ned and MJ a couple at the end, which would’ve been a huge gut punch for Peter. I also love the reset for Peter becoming the traditional Spider-Man, but when Tony Stark inevitably returns, he’s going to remember Peter because he wasn’t alive for the spell to work.

After an excellent Christmas catching up with the family, me and the Mrs managed to see Spidey this morning!

Thoroughly enjoyed it - so pleased to see Maguire and Garfield appear and in much more substantial roles than first thought of. I rewatched Garfield’s two films over Xmas in the hope there would be an appearance and have to  say I have a lot of time for his Spidey. They were introduced very nicely with Ned’s magic and some nice scenes with him and MJ.

Opening was fun with the reality of the world knowing who he is, so it all made sense to seek out a solution.

This film jumps high up the list of MCU films for me! Great fun!

Agreed - and rightly so for me.  His time to shine after having a bit of a raw deal first time out I would say. I’ll admit I was somewhat negative to the reboot after Maguire’s Spidey, but time is a good healer.

Also it was nice to have 2 good credits scenes, teaser for future Spidey film, and trailer for Dr Strange.  Sometimes you get the jokey ones which can be a let down!

On 12/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, Tank said:

I had forgotten. You don’t have to double down, just apologize and use spoiler tags!

Saw it today, the first half didn’t sit right with me, something Tonally was off. It didn’t feel like a MCU movie to me, it felt like a Sony movie. That was exacerbated when the villains started showing up.

I am one of the only people that disliked the Raimi Slider-Man movies. I thought they were so hokey, and having those villains come in and play it straight didn’t help.

Had that been it, and Peter 2 and 3 just been cameos at the end I would’ve hated it— but tbh, the interaction between the Peters was so great it totally saved it for me and by the end I was loving it. 

I don't see anything on the front page, are you using the "new content" page?

I loved this movie, but there's a couple of lingering questions that's been bugging me.  Spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen the film yet...

1)  The premise is based on Peter wanting to cure these villians in the hope that their actions don't lead to their deaths once they return to their own universe, right?  The idea being, if they're no longer villians, then they'll stop doing whatever it was that lead to their deaths.  But can't the villians do that anyway, cure or no cure, now that they have knowledge of how their course of actions are going to lead to their deaths?  There's nothing in the film to suggest that the villians won't retain their memories of being in another universe and what they learned there, or did I miss it somewhere?  Isn't knowledge of their impending doom enough motivation to change their present course of action once they find themselves in their own universes again? 

2)  But in any event, the villians were sent back to their home universes cured.  Doesn't that change the timelines in those universes?  For example, if Norman Osborn doesn't die at the end of Spider-Man 1, then subsequent events aren't going to play out the same.  Doesn't that make Raimi's Spider-Man 2 and 3 films not cannon anymore?  Isn't Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker going to return to his universe to find that everything is different?  

I'm probably thinking a lot more than what this movie intended, but I think these are valid questions.  

36 minutes ago, Quetzalcoatl said:

I loved this movie, but there's a couple of lingering questions that's been bugging me.  Spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen the film yet...

1)  The premise is based on Peter wanting to cure these villians in the hope that their actions don't lead to their deaths once they return to their own universe, right?  The idea being, if they're no longer villians, then they'll stop doing whatever it was that lead to their deaths.  But can't the villians do that anyway, cure or no cure, now that they have knowledge of how their course of actions are going to lead to their deaths?  There's nothing in the film to suggest that the villians won't retain their memories of being in another universe and what they learned there, or did I miss it somewhere?  Isn't knowledge of their impending doom enough motivation to change their present course of action once they find themselves in their own universes again? 

2)  But in any event, the villians were sent back to their home universes cured.  Doesn't that change the timelines in those universes?  For example, if Norman Osborn doesn't die at the end of Spider-Man 1, then subsequent events aren't going to play out the same.  Doesn't that make Raimi's Spider-Man 2 and 3 films not cannon anymore?  Isn't Tobey Maguire's Peter Parker going to return to his universe to find that everything is different?  

I'm probably thinking a lot more than what this movie intended, but I think these are valid questions.  

1. In most of their cases the things that gave them their abilities also fractured their psyche. Peter was fixing whatever was wrong  that caused that.

2. Doc said Osborne was dead because in the Raimi films that was true. So either time was also a factor, or, more likely, as a catchall fix you could say Maguire and Toby were alters froM adjacent universes to the ones we saw in their respective movies. Or yes, their universes are changed— which doesn’t matter cause we’re not likely to revisit them anyway. 

14 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I don't see anything on the front page, are you using the "new content" page?

Yessir

If you’re going to insist on using the new content page, that’s the equivalent of choosing to read threads that may have spoilers. That’s on you. If you don’t want spoilers, don’t read threads about stuff that’s been released.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.