Spider-Man: No Way Home

Spider-Man

1 hour ago, Darth Krawlie said:

..... but the idea of Tobey and Andrew being in it is super fun.

Who???  You'll have to be more specific.  After all, I'm just a goat!

My son, Rhett, watched it.  Said Doc Ock makes an appearance as well as a pumpkin bomb. 

That spell is totally a clever nod to One More Day (and terrible an idea it was.)

I’m not a Spider-Man mark, but I do love Tom Holland’s version. And while I generally hate multi-verse stuff I did like Into the Spider-Verse and bringing in the other two Spideys is actually cool… and also gives us a window for the X-Men.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:47 PM, Spider-Man said:

I’m surprised that Stephen helped.

Looks neat tho! I’m excited.

I was surprised at first, and then I realized that the character is insanely egotistical. I can also see him casting a spell to try to teach Peter a lesson and having it backfire on him. Either way, I think will set him up nicely against Wanda in Multiverse of Madness. 

It's also interesting to see how much they lean into the previous movies with the multiverse stuff. Didn't Octavius die in Spider-Man 2? Or was he pulled through the multiverse right before he died and we're just expected to ignore the fact that everyone is 20 years older? Or is it the same actor playing the character with a completely different background?

1 hour ago, Darth Krawlie said:

I'm think the Maguire/Garfield Spider-Men and villains aren't supposed to be the EXACT ones we saw in the past movies, just similar enough versions. Probably for those various reasons, the age difference.

As I lamented during Loki, the multiverse makes for your alters not necessarily even being the same species as you. Again-- Into The Spiderverse actually made this work.

You’re totally right about Strange, Fozzie. Even tho my initial reaction was surprise, it just takes a moment to realize Strange does whatever he wants all of the time.

In regards to whether these villains are literally from the previous films with whatever we can say is canon for those films tagging along with them or if they are wink wink variants just go with it… I hope it’s the latter. Canon is a young person’s game.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Honestly, Strange kind of sucks. His ego is always messing everything up.

He's the new Tony Stark, so it makes sense. 

I really like him in supporting roles. He was great in Thor and Infinity War. I didnt really enjoy his solo movie. 

On 8/24/2021 at 2:28 AM, Tank said:

That spell is totally a clever nod to One More Day (and terrible an idea it was.)

I’m not a Spider-Man mark, but I do love Tom Holland’s version. And while I generally hate multi-verse stuff I did like Into the Spider-Verse and bringing in the other two Spideys is actually cool… and also gives us a window for the X-Men.

The Snaps weren't enough of a window?  We don't need more FoX-Men.

• 2 months later...

I think the other two Spidey’s are in it for the entire finale of the film. I think it’s Tom’s Peter struggling up until then, then he teams with them for the end.

I think this is why Disney/Sony are so up tight about maintaining the surprise of how much they are involved etc. If they confirmed them, but the structure of the film has them only in the finale, the audience might just be sitting there waiting for the end rather than enjoying the ride to it. Maybe. I dunno. Could be a reasoning for it.

I also think it’s possible that they are in it, but it’s a Luke Skywalker in The Force Awakens kind of thing, where they just show up at the end.

But, yeah, I’m totally going to call that Andrew Garfield swoops in and saves MJ when she’s falling and Tom Holland can’t get her.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m pretty much Marvel fatigued at this point. I’m one of the few who never cared for Spider-Man all that much and I was getting pretty fed up with the all the hype.

But the movie f**king rocked. I mean everything that happens is probably the worst kept secret out there and there wasn’t really any surprises. . . But when certain people made their appearances, the cinema still erupted in excitement. And that’s what going to the movies is all about. 

There is a metric ton of fan service in the movie but Marvel somehow manage to make sure it doesn’t feel cheap. I mean, there were two call back lines that I cringed at but they could have been a lot worse than they were. 

While it’s an incredibly fun movie there was still scenes too pack a punch as well - one scene in particular probably the only time I’ve shed a tear in an MCU flick. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.