how often do you guys take painkillers

On 8/17/2021 at 5:41 PM, Darth Sockimus said:

I don't.  They're for weak minded people.  Or at least the ones who died who I went to school always were.  In the age where cannabis is more available, I don't understand why anyone would still be popping pills.

The thing about cannabis is, is it fucking sucks. I can't take anyone seriously who's over the age of 24 and still super enthusiastic about weed.

3 hours ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

He threw it in the trash. I'm so pissed. This would've killed the kids or the dog if they had found it.

That’s super irresponsible, and while hopefully the kids wouldn’t take it, there’s no guarantee with any kids. My daughter is 5 and is super responsible and acts older most of the time randomly decided to put a nickel in her mouth and swallowed it.  

I don’t get people who don’t take care of their meds.

My MIL is undiagnosed ADHD. She's super impulsive and a space case. This isn't the first time we've found dropped meds in that room, she lived in there for 4 months. That said, I agree that it's really irresponsible, especially when you know you're taking a med like that. My son is 7 and still sticks everything in his mouth. Our dog also eats everything she finds. Its probably a small miracle that neither of them did find it.

Now the next question, why the eff is she on that?!?

Yeah it's way less than ideal. But it's pretty easy to drop a pill and not know where it went though. But you think you might be more careful with methadone. But if she had taken some, then she was probably a bit spacey when she dropped it.

7 hours ago, Odine said:

Yeah it's way less than ideal. But it's pretty easy to drop a pill and not know where it went though. But you think you might be more careful with methadone. But if she had taken some, then she was probably a bit spacey when she dropped it.

As someone who is on some pretty serious meds, when you’re on stuff that can cause harm to others, you have an absolute responsibility to ensure that doesn’t happen. Especially when around children or animals. If you can’t do that, you’re way beyond not ideal, it’s completely irresponsible. 

As for why she’s on it - it could be for pain. She was taking pain killers enough to damage her body, so it’s possible that they’re using methadone for pain, or she was on stronger stuff than you knew and got addicted. 

10 hours ago, Fozzie said:

As someone who is on some pretty serious meds, when you’re on stuff that can cause harm to others, you have an absolute responsibility to ensure that doesn’t happen. Especially when around children or animals. If you can’t do that, you’re way beyond not ideal, it’s completely irresponsible. 

As for why she’s on it - it could be for pain. She was taking pain killers enough to damage her body, so it’s possible that they’re using methadone for pain, or she was on stronger stuff than you knew and got addicted. 

Yeah I know it's your responsibility to be careful with them..but I can also understand how easy it is to drop a pill, especially if you're on opiates. Not saying it's responsible behaviour far from it.. but more I can see how it could easily happen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.