how often do you guys take painkillers

HAHAHA. 

I try to take them infrequently but lately my sinuses are killing me from the inside so I take ibuprofen once or twice a day. That's it. 

Tina is only getting codeine for her teeth and she's basically taken the whole bottle in like three days. But we're coming off of Xanax for her and I basically want to die because of all the side affects she's having which mean I don't get much sleep. JFC. Don't get addicted guys. She is going outside to walk 6 times a night and she shuffles with her flip flops and she reeks of cigarette smoke from smoking whole packs a day. She can walk for cigarettes but fuck me if there's any other things she can do like wipe up her tea mess because she can't pour tea without overfilling the cup or the eighty gazillon tissues she's got floating all over her bed or the fact that she can't sleep at night but drinks starbucks shots at 2 AM in the morning. And school is starting so I need my sleep. Can you tell I am venting. I need sleep sooooooo bad. We went to the er with "itching" as the reason and she wanted pain meds. It's hard living with an addict. Just trying to let you know if you love someone or someone loves you don't start on hard stuff. It's a hard hard thing to shake. 

I avoid taking painkillers, but sometimes I have pretty bad pain in my back, hips, shoulders, left knee, or some combination of the above. I was taking Advil for the pain for years, but it seems like it's not as effective anymore, so I've switched to Tylenol (the 500mg capsules). I only take it as necessary, maybe a couple times a week.

It varies. I can go long stretches of being fine, but the older I get the more minor injuries seem to nag forever. It took my ankle 4 months to get back to normal after twisted it. I did something to my back a month ago and I'm still struggling with it.

I'll take ibuprofen daily when it's on., and when it gets bad I'll resort to cbd gummies, but low THC ones. I really don't like the feeling of being high.

Also, from the main page.. Seeing Jacob start a thread called "How often do you guys--" I assumed this was going to be poop related.

The more restaurant food I eat, the more I poop. And the more I get headaches and need ibuprofen - especially from chain restaurants. 

The reason I ask is cuz I get a lot of random pains throughout the body and never know if it's really bad enough that I should take ibuprofen or not. Being as tall as I am in a world very definitely not designed for someone my height, I'm more often than not uncomfortable in most places. Neck, shoulder, back, elbow, and knee pains are not uncommon. Granted I don't stretch or exercise enough--I'm trying, and I've started losing weight again after a few months of stagnation--and have never had good posture, so those are big contributors. But at times I want to take painkillers every day, and I KNOW that's too often. I'm not 100 years old. YET.

8 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

The reason I ask is cuz I get a lot of random pains throughout the body and never know if it's really bad enough that I should take ibuprofen or not. Being as tall as I am in a world very definitely not designed for someone my height, I'm more often than not uncomfortable in most places. Neck, shoulder, back, elbow, and knee pains are not uncommon. Granted I don't stretch or exercise enough--I'm trying, and I've started losing weight again after a few months of stagnation--and have never had good posture, so those are big contributors. But at times I want to take painkillers every day, and I KNOW that's too often. I'm not 100 years old. YET.

This is getting old. It suuuuucks. Get on that DDPY, it works well to combat a lot of this.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

This is getting old. It suuuuucks. Get on that DDPY, it works well to combat a lot of this.

Double donkeys pounding you? How does that help?

I take stuff fairly often. My body! It hurts me! You've gotta be careful, obviously, because too much of it at once or too regular use of the stuff will ... I'm not actually super duper clear on what'll happen. Burn a hole through my belly? Mess up my internal organs? Imbalance my humours?

In any case, I haven't exhausted all the available remedies offered by the local apothecaries. There's still more kinds of pills to pop. I've been exercising fairly heavily (for me, that is, by my own personal standards) this summer and for a few weeks there that seemed to offer me some relief, the pain went away, but it's since returned.

I’ve had some fair-to-middling results w/the standard off the shelf stuff : ibuprofen, acetaminophen, naproxen. Some equally mixed results w/topical pain relievers : diclofenac diethylamine gel, Arnica flower fluid extract. Nothing’s really worked so far with the sort of 100% instantaneous relief and consistent track record that I suppose I’d ideally like; if I take anything I mostly just wake up the next day w/the pain substantially lessened and then a day or two after that if I’m lucky the pain is gone. Sometimes the pain doesn’t go away, sometimes the pain is only minimally lessened. I’d like to end this post w/something upbeat like, “Hope this helps!” or something jokingly (or seriously!?) disclamatory (not a word!??? my spellchecker says this word isn't real but the dictionary disagrees) like, “This is not medical advice — consult w/your physician” but instead I’ll just be frank and say I suffer so much from chronic pain that I’m not even going to bother putting this up on Nightly.Net now. Going to wait until tomorrow instead! Maybe my back’ll be better!!!!1!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.