How do you pronounce aunt?

I've done this before, too, but I think my results have changed some since the last time.  This is probably because I've now spent 10 years in Texas, so some of the items I used to not have words for I now have some for.  Maryland still shows as being red hot for me, but it now picks cities in Arizona as the best match for me, which is especially interesting since I've never even been in an airport there.

21 minutes ago, Cerina said:

I took one of these quizzes once that straight up told me I was from the Houston suburbs. I think it was the use of the word "feeder".

Screenshot_20210719-224220_Chrome.jpg

How do you use the word feeder that isn't typical?

With an Ah, but my fam also says Aunty hardly ever just Aunt. Although it depends on if you’re addressing the aunt by name and then also the aunt’s first name. eg. Aunty Sara, yes. Aunty Deedee, no. It’s Aunt Deedee. However just shorthanding the conversation to Aunt Deedee you’d say Aunty. Probably a syllable and cadence thing.

Insert Pics:

WTF?! with the sunshine and rain terms? Who the hell says the Devil is beating his wife et al? LMAO

As for the region, it’s no surprise it is wrong for me given I was born and raised in the UK until I was 6, moved to Andrews Air Force Base after that, then finally Alaska after that.

8D07DBF2-035F-44C8-A10A-72A557F8D434.jpeg

52DBBF46-969B-4EAF-86D4-058680C45FC8.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.