What video games do you play? Do you have any user tags?

Hobbes

I am a big PC gamer and I am on Steam as pjw19.  Games I play a lot are: Cities: Skylines, RimWorld, Warhammer II, Crusader Kings 3, Stellaris.  I haven't played in a while, but I hop on World of Warcraft and Overwatch from time to time.  There are others, but those are my main go-tos.  I don't have a console, but I am sure that will change having two young boys and my oldest discovering Minecraft. 

I play some games in my phone and have a Switch.  Nintendo games are right at my speed and dare fun to pick up and play for a little bit when I have time and then put down.  A lot of modern games on the other consoles and PC just seem too complex for me now for the amount of time I have to play them.

Xbox Live: Nitwittle *

I mostly play Bethesda and BioWare games; Mass Effect, Fallout, and Elder Scrolls. I mix in some Sea of Thieves on occasion, with SoT I need to be in an entire mood/vibe for high risk gaming (no saves, little progress checkpoints, other players are default hostile) so I don’t play that often. I haven’t played Elder Scrolls in months either actually. Just sorta switch between Fallout 76 and Mass Effect. I can play 76 half asleep, almost literally. That’s just a total chill out and mind off game.

*I had zambingo at Xbox Live originally but then I logged in a few years ago after never using it for like a generation and I was told my username was not available. I think I recall them resetting their database, but whatever.

So anyway in December 2020 when I finally got another Xbox I went thru a buncha silly names. I settled on Nitwittle after spending time coming up with fun sounding silly words that I felt fit me. After I selected it, and then Google searched to see if anyone else had thought of how neat that sounded, it turns out at least one other creative mind came up with it as well and they wrote poetry about it. At first I was like, well I won’t take that name then… but then I was like screw it.

Amusingly, well for me at least, a similar thing occurred after I put zam and bingo together in 2002. Back then rumors about Zam Wesell in Attack of the Clones were rampant. So I took that and paired it with another ridiculous sound after it. Then eventually, I think it was Icy that pointed it out to me, Terry Pratchett had also come up with the word zambingo in his 1999 novel The Fifth Elephant. As a teen I adored his novels, still do of course, but I don’t recall ever reading that particular one… but then I was married and a father of a child only just one years old at that point, down time was sparse.

It’s moments like those that make me smile and ponder stuff like the zeitgeist, or collective subconscious mind. Anyway…

Steam username is Eagle_Tree.

Mostly play single player CRPG and ARPGs. Loved pillars of eternity, and Disco Elysium was my favorite game when I played it. Love Crusader Kings 3, with the World of Darkness total conversion mod. I've fallen back to Skyrim these days with about 700 mods installed. Modding is super fun. 

Multiplayer games I can get into, enjoyed Mordhau till the community drove me away. Wouldn't mind getting Chivalry 2 for some medieval combat glory. Sometimes play Enlisted (WW2 team based shooter). I've got Star Wars Old Republic installed but getting into that is a bit of a commitment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.