Bloom on Roku

monkeygirl

I was hipped to this Australian TV series by a friend and I binged both seasons, twice, that's how much I like it.

NOW, I find out they've been cancelled-there will be no season 3 and I am sad.

Did you watch it? Is there any hope of this getting picked up elsewhere and continued?

It's in the way of Lost and that show with Jennifer Aniston's second husband (Justin Theroux?)in which part of the population disappears-it presents  supernatural premise and is basically about what people do to deal with it but this one involves eternal (maybe) youth.

I haven't watched it, but I think you mean Hulu. Roku is basically a device/operating system that allows you to stream from various providers.

7 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

Did you watch it?

I saw the pilot a couple years ago! I liked the scene where she banged the baker! Or, wait, was it the guy who became young in the pilot and banged a lady baker!? I don't remember who banged who but I remember there was banging!!! (Okay, I'm 9/10ths certain that there's a scene where the guy becomes young, seduces a lady baker, they bang, he runs away right after, and when her husband/boyfriend walks into the room and smells something off about the situation she just says something like : "Was just doing Zoomba.")

I didn't find it sufficiently compelling to keep going w/the rest of the series but now that I know you liked it enough to watch it twice I might add the show to the queue, to the roster, to the pile, might add the show to the 'list of things I plan on watching while idly pumping my dumb little legs on my recumbent bicycle'.

Is there any hope of this getting picked up elsewhere and continued?

THERE'S ALWAYS HOPE!!!1

It's in the way of Lost and that show with Jennifer Aniston's second husband (Justin Theroux?)in which part of the population disappears

The name of that show is The Leftovers. Is Bloom as good as The Leftovers or are you just saying it's in the same vein as it and Lost!? I think you mean the latter, not the former, I think you're describing the genre of the show. But if the show is as good as The Leftovers, if you're saying that you liked it as much as that show, then I'm DEFINITELY adding the show to the LoTIPoWWIPmDLLomRB ('list of things I plan on watching while idly pumping my dumb little legs on my recumbent bicycle').

sorry-on hulu :(.

It's in the fashion of The Leftovers in that something supernatural happens but we never discover what that is-we just see the reactions of the various people to it. I like it as much as the Leftovers but with only 12 shows to compare, I can't say it's just as good. It never gets 'going' as much as The Leftovers did. I feel like I was just starting to  get used to the characters.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.