Bill Cosby conviction overturned

Zathras

The person to be most angry with remains Cosby. He’s the guy who raped women, all the while acting like some paragon of virtue and insulting any black man who didn’t act like him.

Cosby is a bad guy. The prosecutor messed up, but they also shot their shot and no matter what, everyone everywhere knows that Bill Cosby went to prison and is a rapist.

Yeah my understanding is this doesn't mean Coz is innocent, it is more a technicality on the part of the prosecutor.  Long story short, the previous prosecutor had made a deal with Coz to tell everything he knew and did, in exchange for not being prosecuted.  Amazingly, Coz agreed and his lawyers never had anything in writing.  Then, the current prosecutor (the one who prosecuted the case) ignored his predecessor's agreement, which was not in writing, and ended up trying and convicting Coz.  Doesn't seem fair or right, but is a technicality good enough to through out the conviction.  Yet, Coz is still a known and by his own words, admitted rapist.  

What this feels like to me is an end run to grant Coz his last years in his home, but legally the PA Supreme Court is in the right. Technically. 

As much as it sucks when the guy is definitely guilty, and probably never would’ve gotten the deal in the first place if he wasn’t rich and famous, I’d rather see a bad guy go free than a good guy rot in prison for something he didn’t do, or because the state acted improperly. The government needs to have a high bar when it comes to taking away a person’s liberty.

22 minutes ago, Zathras said:

I know you are right.  Just does suck that in this case, the guilty man here is so scummy.  

Oh, it super sucks. I hope he gets COVID and dies, painfully and alone.

I feel like this is in some strange impossible (and obvious! I bet I'm not the first guy to make this joke!) way karmic retribution for Hannibal Buress being a landlord. If he'd only invested his money in, like, weed start-ups instead then Bill Cosby would still be locked up. His sin redounded through time and has freed the guilty!

(Obviously, seriously, I blame the prosecutor. No, wait, I blame society.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.